Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Baby bedding

Rivky

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 4:19 pm
Does anyone know of a place that sells baby bumper sets-online or in boro park? Nice and reasonable?

dewyt

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 4:22 pm
u can try burlingtoncoatfactory.com
I got mine there (in store) not expensive

NativeMom

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 4:28 pm
burlington coat factory is a good place to look also try target or walmart they usually have good deals.

sky

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 5:51 pm
I don't know if you have a Marshalls nearby (or if they have this in all Marshalls) but I just saw there beautiful baby bedding for 1/2 the price of the regular sets.

Clarissa

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 5:52 pm
Just want to mention that my pediatrician recommends no bedding of any kind, other than a sheet, for young babies. Bumpers, blankets and pillows are suffocation risks. I was given a beautiful bumper but never used it.

NativeMom

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 7:21 pm
yeah I was talking about sheets. I got most of my sheets at target and burlington coat factory. Clarissa, my father is a pediatrician and he says the same thing.

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 7:34 pm
ababy.com or something like that.

Atali

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 11:15 pm
Clarissa wrote:
Just want to mention that my pediatrician recommends no bedding of any kind, other than a sheet, for young babies. Bumpers, blankets and pillows are suffocation risks. I was given a beautiful bumper but never used it.

On the other hand, I needed to use bumpers with both of my kids for a few months when they would routinely roll over and get their feet stuck in the crib bars. I just made sure it was tired securely.

Also, although I would never use a quilt with a baby, my two and four year old use a crib-sized one in their toddler beds now. I bought a crib set for my baby, and now use the quilt for her to play on the floor as a mat, and intend to use it as a quilt once she is a toddler IY"H

cheerios

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 11:22 pm
I got a nice set at Overstock.com, but that was about 4 years ago, don't know if they still have it.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 11:22 pm
Right... If you want a bumper, get a mesh, breathable one.
I got a set as a gift- used the bumper for a bit and then just got rid of it. I now use the quilt the way Atali does- as a playmat for a baby or as a blanket for older kids.

I think those things are way too overpriced for something that isn't so useful.
Just get some sheets.

I actually just discovered sheetworld.com where they have crib sheets for $15. Pretty good price- and the prints are just out of this world!

Atali

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 11:25 pm
BTW, I got my set for DD at a consignment shop. It was in great condition and I paid next to nothing for it.

I agree that they are over-priced, but I was looking for one because I wanted the quilt (to use as a playmat) and they do not sell quilts seperately. After searching for ages online, I found this great one.

OldYoung

Post Fri, Oct 03 2008, 12:24 am
GAMZu wrote:
Right... If you want a bumper, get a mesh, breathable one.
I got a set as a gift- used the bumper for a bit and then just got rid of it. I now use the quilt the way Atali does- as a playmat for a baby or as a blanket for older kids.

I think those things are way too overpriced for something that isn't so useful.
Just get some sheets.

I actually just discovered sheetworld.com where they have crib sheets for $15. Pretty good price- and the prints are just out of this world!

THAT SITE IS FABULOUS! Thank you Thank you Thank you! I am loving those prints!

DREAMING

Post Fri, Oct 03 2008, 12:27 am
landsend

GAMZu

Post Fri, Oct 03 2008, 10:09 am
I'm glad you like it, OldYoung! I'm having such a hard time deciding on which prints to get LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics