Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
My Agmas Nefesh with son's Bar Mitzva
Previous  1  2

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Oct 03 2008, 3:20 am
Ok, here's a stupid question... did you make it clear as to which side YOU thought of as 'the back'?

I know it SHOULD be obvious, but frankly, there's no such thing... you wouldn't believe some of the weird things people do on their invitations and envelopes.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Oct 03 2008, 3:21 am
Oh and remember: this is just the beginning. Simchas are very stressful. It's not worth it to go insane from anything. It's very early in the game. You have plenty of time for new invitations (in Israel they arrive at the guests, what: 2 days before the simcha?). You will have so much to deal with. Save your koach.

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Oct 03 2008, 3:22 am
P.S. CM, I hope you don't see my replies and questions as an attack on you, or that I'm placing much of the blame on you, because I'm not.

ChossidMom

Post Fri, Oct 03 2008, 3:22 am
Yes, Yesha. She showed me a similar invitation. I made it very clear that I wanted nothing but a decorative vertical line on the "front". It was so clear..... But the page it was written on is by THEM and not ME. It was the preliminary invitation (we took a different one and scribbled my changes all over it).

ChossidMom

Post Fri, Oct 03 2008, 3:26 am
Tamiri wrote:
Oh and remember: this is just the beginning. Simchas are very stressful. It's not worth it to go insane from anything. It's very early in the game. You have plenty of time for new invitations (in Israel they arrive at the guests, what: 2 days before the simcha?). You will have so much to deal with. Save your koach.

I know. But here in K.S. we're dealing with friends and neighbors. Know what I mean? And I definitely feel like a stupid jerk even though I know it was their fault. And it's not an inexpensive mistake!!!!! It's costing me over 400 shekels to print these invitations.

I will go in IY"H on Sunday, hopefully with dh and talk it over with the ba'al habayit. The girl was only doing "kastach" and totally not even trying to appease a clearly upset customer. I will tell him that I cannot send out initations with a map on the front!

Let's hope that I won't have more heartache around the simcha. Sigh.

StrongIma

Post Fri, Oct 03 2008, 3:48 am
CM, I hope I'm not being too blunt, but please keep your perspective - your family is loving and healthy, the bar-mitzva boy is following in your sterling footsteps ka"h, and hopefully the simcha itself will be celebrated with true simcha and yidishe nachas.

May all your kapparas be as meaningless in the bigger picture as this one.

ChossidMom

Post Fri, Oct 03 2008, 4:15 am
ima10 wrote:
CM, I hope I'm not being too blunt, but please keep your perspective - your family is loving and healthy, the bar-mitzva boy is following in your sterling footsteps ka"h, and hopefully the simcha itself will be celebrated with true simcha and yidishe nachas.

May all your kapparas be as meaningless in the bigger picture as this one.

I hear you! And, of course you're right. I keep telling myself - It's just invitations, it's just invitations. It won't mean anything a year from now! But, still, it is causing me agmas nefesh and I do have to deal with it.

dilego

Post Fri, Oct 03 2008, 6:54 am
sent u a pm.have a gutten shabbes

mamacita

Post Sat, Oct 04 2008, 5:49 pm
Oy! hugs! Sad I hope everything else goes more smoothly!

IY"H when you are taking this same boy to look at invitations for his wedding you will laugh about making sure the map isn't on the front, until then it's hard not to be upset!

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 10:01 am
Update: I went to the printer today and spoke with the origianl graphic artist (and daughter of the owner). At first she offered to print it again at half price (fat chance). Eventually, as I explained it to her oh so calmly, she realized that they were at fault. She even found the original paper where she herself had written that it would be on the left bottom of the back of the invitation. So, they will print it up again for me without charging me.

And btw, my husband looked at it and didn't think it looked half bad. Oy. At least he didn't say so in front of them...

Tamiri

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 10:21 am
ROFL. Don't take your husband places with you...
And, now do you see what I mean that people ask for the *oddest* things? If your husband thought that a map across 2/3 of the front is decent......
B'H it will all work out. Until you see they spelled your son's name all wrong LOL. Or print bat mitzva instead of bar mitzva....

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 10:28 am
wow - what a pain ... glad you stood your ground ... and glad they will reprint them without further cost - as they should indeedy ...

in the scope of life though - breath easy - it's just a piece of paper ...

gotta laugh though at a mistake a printer made on my wedding invitations ... they automatically put in "habachur hatamim" which is a term used in lubavitch invitations ... my chosson was not lubavitch and we did use this printer for bentchers as well and pointed that out cause we got non-lubavitch bentchers ... Scratching Head maybe it was navuah cause after our divorce the guy put on a kapotah and grew his beard ...

dilego

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 11:09 am
Wow chossidmom Im sooo happy for u.sometimes they can be menshen too.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics