Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Can you freeze sweet kugel?

happy mommy68

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 7:54 pm
Hi,

Can one freeze a whole kugel? If yes,how?

Thanks!

elf123

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 8:07 pm
Are you talking about a specific kind of kugel? If you look through the threads here, you'll see that people have strong opinions one way or the other about their success in freezing kugels. At the moment, I personally have in my freezer 5 (small) potato kugels, two yerushalmi kugels, a challah kugel and a pineapple-challah kugel, so I am obviously on the "pro-freezing" side! But in terms of the "how," I just cover tightly with foil and then put it into a freezer Ziploc bag, label it with the date and contents, and pop it in the freezer. People here have different opinions on how to re-warm it, whether covered or uncovered, how long, and whether to put it in the oven or let it defrost first...my main point would be to make sure to warm it for long enough, or it won't taste good...bottom line, if you're new at freezing, I would take a small piece of whatever you're considering freezing next time you make it, and experiment to see if you like the way it freezes/reheats. Good luck!
(Bet you didn't expect such a long answer to such a "simple" question! Smile )

happy mommy68

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 8:20 pm
Thanks for advice!!!!!

biz120

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 9:28 pm
It depends what type of kugel.
My lokshen kiugel I usually freeze, take it out, pour over a little oil and stick it in oven (covered)
Otherwise, depending on what type of pie it is I freeze the dough raw.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes