Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Succos dessert?

happy mommy68

Post Sat, Oct 11 2008, 11:20 pm
Any ideas? other apple compote... dh not a big fan

Thanks!

flowerpower

Post Sat, Oct 11 2008, 11:52 pm
I made creamsicle ice cream and a yummy ice cream pie with a chocolate cream and peanut butter.

happy mommy68

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 12:17 am
can you post the recipe???

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 12:31 am
I'll be making Mexican brownies and pineapple upside down cake.

TheBeinoni

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 12:33 am
what are mexican brownies??? can you pls post ur recipe yesha? I actually stole your idea for doing bbq Smile

thanks in advance!!!

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 12:37 am
For brownies
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup unsalted butter (I use margarine)
1 1/4 cups (packed) golden brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup chocolate chips (about 6 ounces)

For brown sugar topping
1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
1/4 cup whipping cream (I use the Rich's whipped topping, unwhipped of course)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter (margarine)
3/4 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sliced almonds

Preparation
Make brownies:
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 8-inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil over sides. Stir unsweetened chocolate and butter in heavy large saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool 5 minutes. Whisk in sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk in eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla. Continue to whisk until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes. Add flour and whisk just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing surface. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes. Cool completely in pan on rack.

Make topping:
Whisk sugar, cream and butter in heavy small saucepan over low heat until mixture is smooth and comes to boil. Remove from heat; mix in vanilla. Cool 10 minutes. Whisk until thick enough to spread. Spread over brownie. Sprinkle with almonds. Let stand until topping sets, about 1 hour. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and keep chilled.)

Using foil as aid, life brownie from pan. Cut brownie into 16 squares. Serve cold or at room temperature.

8mom

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 5:15 am
dd aged 17 made this dessert for erev yom kippur. She took a pie base, broke chocolate oreo cookies into it, then poured a dessert whip over everything and froze it. Serve in very thin slices. It was the quickest dessert ever.

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 5:28 am
Dassa wrote:
dd aged 17 made this dessert for erev yom kippur. She took a pie base, broke chocolate oreo cookies into it, then poured a dessert whip over everything and froze it. Serve in very thin slices. It was the quickest dessert ever.

My 16 year old likes to do something similar. She makes a pie crust from sandwich cookies, makes instant chocolate pudding (using soy milk so it's parve), whips up some whipped topping and into the fridge it goes. We call it pudding pie.

mc'cutie

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 9:18 am
I always make this dessert, I got it off here actually..Sorry dont remember the person who posted it.

I call it Strawberry Dessert, you take the square pastry doughs (Yitzys), smear each piece with a bit of oil then mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle. You bake it untill golden brown. Then take wip, I usually buy the frozen and beat it, when its done I add a package of strawberry jello for color and taste.
Then you layer, pastry, wip, fresh strawberries sliced and then again pastry, wip strawberries.

It looks pretty and is very easy, what I normally do if its shabbos or yom tov, I bake the pastries before and then seal it in container or foil I also beat the wip (or you can get the ready ones) and I make sure to seal it reall tight in a container as well. And when I am ready to serve it, I just put it together on the spot, its Yum and always a winner.

bubby

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 10:21 am
I need desserts that can be frozen or left out of the fridge; I don't have enough refrigerator space. Any ideas? Other than cake or ice cream? Something a bit more upmarket, I have VERY choshove company LOL

Many thanks in advance.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus