Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Motherhood- how has it changed you?
Previous  1  2

chanala

Post Fri, Dec 02 2005, 4:49 pm
Besides becoming less self-involved, developing the amazing selfless love you can't imagine until you experience, and all the things you have all described, it was the beginning of the path for me becoming more observant. I realized that if I was going to raise Jewish kids and have Jewish grandchildren by more than coincidence and the blessings of Hashem, I had some work and a LOT of learning to do!!! (and a lot of convincing of my husband!!!)

Rivka

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 4:12 pm
You stop being you. Some things are positive and some things are not positive. I am not going to say being a mother is all roses and perfume.
It's hard work trying to understand what a new baby wants, then dealing with tantrums and at the same time trying to be there for your husband and also for yourself.
I can't do a lot of things now that I wish I could, but I also can do things I wished I could. For instance, I can go to the kiddie book section and pretend I am buying for my child, or I can go to kiddie museums my child will love, but I will also. It's seeing your child get excited about the smallest things, which sometimes is catchy. It;s seeing the world through a child's eyes once again, but at the same time having responsibility.

Yael

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 8:15 pm
I love how a young child's excitement can make you excited as well. like in the summer we went to a big park with a petting zoo. on the way there my son was so excited and jumping out of his seat (not literally) that I got so excited and happy too. Very Happy

miriam

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 8:49 pm
It's funny b/c for some of us motherhood and wifehood (is that a word?) has happened around the same time. I wonder how the two influence each other. I am definitely more patient with the children when my husband is in ear shot, including the baby monitor. I feel like I have to be good b/c I still want to make a good impression and show him I am a good person/mom/wife, etc..

happyone

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 9:02 pm
Remember those days when you slept worry free? Remember those days when you actually slept?
well those days are over at my end.......
But, I wouldnt trade it for anything in the world!!!

Smile

chen

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 11:00 pm
happyone wrote:
Remember those days when you slept worry free? Remember those days when you actually slept?
well those days are over at my end.......
But, I wouldnt trade it for anything in the world!!!

Smile

you do sleep again eventually but only until your dtr starts going on shidduchim!

Tefila

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 11:07 pm
Or when we used to have an uninterrupted conversation w/h out mummy look. But I wouldn't trade it any day. It has made me into a better being 4 sure Very Happy

happyone

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 12:45 am
Smile[/quote]

you do sleep again eventually but only until your dtr starts going on shidduchim![/quote]

and then it's the grandkids you worry about!
Smile

happyone

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 12:46 am
still havent figured out how to add quotes. Can anyone guide me?

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 4:19 am
Yael wrote:
I love how a young child's excitement can make you excited as well. like in the summer we went to a big park with a petting zoo. on the way there my son was so excited and jumping out of his seat (not literally) that I got so excited and happy too. Very Happy

Whenever there's an upcoming YomTov, before I can start to get overwhelmed with the preparations, the children put it into perspective. Whatever they are learning in school comes home, and focuses me about what the YomTov is really about. They get me excited too. I love to hear what they did in school special for a Chassidishe YomTov, or regular Yomim Tovim. Like special programs and farbrengens or "hachonos" to the upcoming YomTov. Whether it's learning Tanya by heart for YudTes Kislev, or the older classes going on Mivtzaim, or learning extra Chassidus or Mishnayos B'al Peh etc.

Quote:
still havent figured out how to add quotes. Can anyone guide me?
click on the quote button on the post you want to respond to. If you want to add a quote from a different post (maybe there's a better method but) this is what I do: Scroll to the topic review, highlight your quote, and right click on "copy". Then paste it in your reply box. highlight, then scroll up to the formatting buttons on top of the box, and click on quote. you'll get [quote] at the beg. and [quote/] at the end. If you want to quote by name type in after the word quote, being careful to leave no spaces =" the name" inside the brackets.

sunflower mom

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 3:56 pm
You start appreciating the small things in life. Like an uninterrupted 7 minute shower! Also, its amazing how happy children can make you. like the first time my baby smiled! Every time my baby smiles or gurgles, I get so excited! At first, I had a really hard time adjusting to motherhood. While pregnant, you're the center of attention and everything revolves around how you are feeling. Once the baby comes, forget it! But it's definitely worth it. It's a privilege! I love being a mother

Motek

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 5:00 pm
happyone - the reason your quote box didn't work is because you had a slash before the word quote, both before and after, instead of just after whatever you were quoting (go back and look)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational