Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Organizing Lists

How do you record your todo lists, shopping lists, etc?
On paper  
 42%  [ 15 ]
on computer  
 8%  [ 3 ]
on palm, pocket PC or handheld organizer  
 11%  [ 4 ]
notebook for all lists  
 14%  [ 5 ]
I dont- its all in my head  
 11%  [ 4 ]
list hung on fridge/buletin  
 11%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 35

curlyhead

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 8:53 pm
I am keeping on changing my ways of orgainzing myself and my to do list, shopping list, calanders etc. . first I had a notebook, then went to paper, now I'm half on paper, half on palm/computer. I like the idea of the palm/computer but I find it takes to long to put everything in. Pen and paper is so much faster but less orderly.
Just wondering if anyone has any good tips of what works well for them

shayna82

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 8:55 pm
I started a notepad on a email account, and I write down everything, then print it out. I mostly just do this for food needed to buy, and dinners for the week. I then take it with me when I go shopping, and then hang it on the fridge. its more "official" than a scrap of paper, and since you printed it out, you remember it more.

Also, try note cards and stick them on a board.

Motek

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 8:59 pm
I have a computerized grocery list, according to the aisles of a certain supermarket that I go to, which I print out

I have a computerized list of what I need to make for Shabbos to remind me of each course.

otherwise, pen and paper

shayna82

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 9:08 pm
wow motek you beat me Smile

im not there yet.. but I did recently start planning and getting all food for the weeks meals. I know what im making, what night im making it, and how long I have to give myself to prepare it. My days are soo much more effective that way. I dont have to spend time taking the kids out getting food, I go on sunday by myself so I can think everything through. I recomend this way to everyone. its the best

Yael

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 9:21 pm
I have a paper taped to my fridge with a list of shabbos foods I make, so I remember everything. then I have on a corkboard a small notepad which I write things as I think of them and then rip off the sheet when I go shopping, when I come home anything I didnt get, I write on the new sheet. and start over.
I would like to implement a system my mother has but I'm still looking for the right paper. she has a roll of reciept paper hangs it on a board pulls down a bit and holds it down under a peice of the metal strip on a tinfoil box that you use to rip off the tinfoil. she writes the things she needs on the paper above the strip then when she goes shopping pulls down the paper as long as it needs and rips it off with that strip. in this way you have a continuos supply of paper, and your paper is as long as your list.
I just dont know where to find those rolls of receipt paper.

shoy18

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 10:05 pm
Yael I cant recall where you live, but staples or the like has them.

youngmom

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 10:52 pm
I keep a little notebook and pen in a drawer in my kitchen so that I can jot down things as soon as I think of them.

tzivi

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 11:04 pm
Ahhh, my favourite topic... organisation. But then again, Rivky, I think you already knew that! Very Happy

I have a shopping list notepad stuck to the fridge, which then gets added to my computerised one every week (as I go shopping monthly).
I have a whiteboard in my kitchen to jot down and remember errands, etc. I have a pinboard in my home office to stick up notices and important notes to remember.

I have a notepad in my handbag and next to my bed, so I can jot down things as I remember them.

I have a file on my computer which contains: standard shopping list - according to the aisles in the supermarket, standard fruit and vegetable list, weekday meal menu, shabbos menu, pesach menu and shopping list and quantities.

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 11:20 pm
I had a palm Sad , before that I entered lists in my outlook program on the computer, before that I wrote them in a notebook, before that a paper.

Now I'm back to paper.

I have general YomTov lists, Shabbos lists, clothing lists in the computer.
Weekly shopping lists on paper

roza

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 11:46 pm
For most lists I use a program called Active Desktop Calendar 5.91 - it has a very nice tool to make 'to do' list in 'layers' - (ie personal, children, work, house and so on) and it's on desktop (part of the 'wallpaper', no need to open anything) on my laptop.

For pesach I have a different system that I made on Mind Manager.

For weekly shopping - paper.

Also in the kitchen on the wall I have a white board (hanging low enough for children to see) where I write anything that come up on daily basic and reminders for kids or other messages.

Sometimes I email myself to do list.

tzivi

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 1:09 am
Roza, how do you get this active desktop? Can you download it?

curlyhead

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 2:16 am
tzivi I just did a serch for it and here the link
http://www.download.com/Active......html

Rochel Leah

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 10:56 am
I use a little bit of both, computer and paper.

for shabbos menus and shopping lists..computer, but for things to do in house or fruit store shoppinf I use paper

nicole81

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 11:01 am
I make my shopping list on the computer, but I never make any to-do lists.

tzivi

Post Sat, Dec 10 2005, 7:04 am
Thanks Rivky!

1stimer

Post Sat, Dec 10 2005, 1:52 pm
either in my head or on a paper.

RedVines

Post Sat, Dec 10 2005, 10:09 pm
My Husband started this new thing on our fridge we have two white boards one for him and one for me, there we have our to do lists and we can write on each others list what we need from them.

I also have a white board Calender, for appts, etc.

For shopping I have my shopping list by aisle so I print it out at the end of the week so I can start adding what I am missing, then complete it.

I still need help with weekly menus... Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics