Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Info on Los Angeles?

Mommish

Post Sat, Oct 25 2008, 9:17 pm
We are thinking about moving to LA from Crown Heights. We have some family there, but don't know much about what resources are available. Are there any Chabad elementary schools besides the main one in Pico and in Long Beach? What neighborhoods would you recommend for a young family? I don't think we can afford Pico/Robertson. thanks!

su7kids

Post Sat, Oct 25 2008, 9:39 pm
Do you davka want to be in Los Angeles? or would you consider Long Beach? I don't know if its less expensive.

teachby

Post Sat, Oct 25 2008, 10:40 pm
There are bajillions of Chabad people here in LA. I'm sure one of them will answer your questions. If not, PM me and I'll try to put you in touch with someone.

bonitag1

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 2:37 am
I have family who are Chabad in LA --they live in the La Brea area, used to live in Long Beach. PM me if you'd like their email address. I'm sure they'll be glad to give you info/advice.

bebe3

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 7:30 am
The chabad day school for long beach is not in long beach, its in huntington beach. Thats about a 15-20 min drive from long beach.

chanagital

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 10:29 am
The cheapest housing in a community would be in the Valley portion of LA. However, the Chabad schools are in the city and Huntington Beach as you know so you'd have to schlep them everyday to school. Housing in and near Long Beach shouldn't be too expensive either but their is less Jewish infrastructure there than the Valley.

sllyjllybn

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 1:09 pm
there is one chabad elementary school in los angeles for girls and one for boys. they are on opposite sides of town (meaning 20 min away from each other). there are a few cheaper neighborhoods that are not in the valley. most of them have local chabad houses. miracle mile and palms/cheviot hills are two area that come to mind right now that are beautiful and safe. I live in miracle mile. my sister lives in palms.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating