Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Working Visa

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 12:28 pm
How difficult is it to get one?

challi

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 12:34 pm

Last edited by challi on Thu, May 21 2009, 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

JC

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 12:54 pm
Before you apply for one make sure there is no way that they can consider you an Israeli already.

I went for a work visa and it was a big problem. My father lived in Israel for a few years after the Shoah but then moved to America. So technically I am Israeli bec my father had citizenship so the visa office wouldnt give me a work visa BUT I wasnt allowed to become a citizen cause they citizenship office (right across the hall) didnt have proof that was my father. The headaches and yelling and bureaucracy was incredible.

It was one of the low points in my stay in Israel. Well that and when I had my baby there and the woman giving the birth certificate didnt want to put my husband down as the father because he was not Israeli and didnt have a T"Z number-- I literally had to stand up and SCREAM at them - it was so out of my character but talking politely was not working. I love Eretz Yisroel, but the bureaucracy made living there so hard for me.

-J
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions