Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Bedding for custom sized beds?

nicole81

Post Tue, Dec 13 2005, 10:19 am
dh and I have 48" extra long beds. I need new linens and comforters. (we've never even had a matching set since we've been married!) where is a good, reasonable place to get bedding for the beds? I saw in one jewish store it was over $300 for a set, and this was without the blankets. I also noticed that you can get queen sized sets with comforters included for less than $70 each at stores like target and k-mart. has anyone done this? does it fit right if you just tuck the sheets under more?

buba123

Post Tue, Dec 13 2005, 10:29 am
I have 48" beds too. Buy your linen anywhere and get loose sheets - queen size. Then measure your 48" mattress (or bring in an old sheet that fits) bring it to a tailor or seamstress and she'll make it fitted for you.
Do go into stores in Brooklyn and ask to see what's on special. Especially now, Chanuka time they are having sales. I bought a few expensive sets this way and saved a lot of $$.

Kumphort

Post Tue, Dec 13 2005, 11:58 am
never ordered from here but you can check it out:
http://www.thelinenplace.com/

amother

Post Tue, Dec 13 2005, 12:09 pm
buy full size sheets and use mattress clips Idea
but the full/queen size comforters from target dont fit nicely, and anyway in my experience they dont last very long Confused

sunflower mom

Post Tue, Dec 13 2005, 1:48 pm
You can get great deals on fine quality linen in marshalls, t-j maxx, century 21 and even in the clearance in bed & bath. Another $$ saving trick I use is to buy 4 identical or 2 same and another 2 matching flat sheets & sew them into comforter covers. THis saves big bucks b/c comforter covers can run anywhere between $150 & up.

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Dec 13 2005, 4:25 pm
Ikea sells comfortor covers with pillow cases for $50 and less.

shoy18

Post Tue, Dec 13 2005, 4:28 pm
most of the jewish stores sell this size in all price ranges.
do you use duvet covers, much better than actual blankets, and regular quilts are pretty reasonable and last much longer
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics