Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Advice on comforting my baby

mammam

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 11:43 am
My 10 month old baby Stopped sleeping through the night and wakes up once screaming ...I know she is waking up expecting to eat but I want to stop nursing her in the middle of the night, is it possible to do this w/o having her scream for a really long time!?
She is also used to nursing b4 she takes a nap or goes to bed at night and if I put her to sleep w/o the feeding then she cries for a while. My older daughter has a bottle and a pacifier and is comforted by that, (I think that’s why I never had these issues w/th her) but in any case is there a way I can comfort my baby so that the separation is not as hard for her and I don’t feel guilty or bad for her e/time I put her to bed?
If anyone has any advice PLEASE help!

happymom

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 12:03 pm
the way to do it is to have ytour husband go to her and comfort her when she cries... she will then be trained to not nurse at night. I am in the process of doing this with my baby... but I hear from people that it works.

you say she stopped sleeping through the night... maybe she is teething and needs comfort for that?

imanut

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 3:52 pm
when my daughter was 12 months old we decided it was time for her to stop nursing at night (I was 5 months pregnant). it took about 4 nights of letting her cry and it was very hard on our nerves, but she learned (for the most part)

elisecohen

Post Mon, Dec 12 2005, 9:35 am
Is it possible she is having an ear infection if her sleeping suddenly changed?
I always need to send dh in to comfort my 11 month old during the night. Even though he doesn't nurse at night any more if he sees me come in in the night time he'll want to and cry harder.

deedee

Post Mon, Dec 12 2005, 10:31 am
I know around what time she is going to wake up so I listen very carefully for her. the min I hear a squeek I hurry to her crib and start pating her back-b-4 she has a chance to get up and start full blown crying (to nurse back to sleep, yes I'm sure this is why she gets up).

raizy

Post Tue, Dec 13 2005, 10:04 am
I think it is very bad what u are doing u are setting her up to be rubbed cuddled and moddled in middle of the night... night is suppose to be sleep time..

now how come my babies know that but not my older kids... sometimes my bedroom is the grand central station Rolling Eyes

deedee

Post Tue, Dec 13 2005, 10:37 am
actually she was used to nursing in the middle of the nite so now I got her off the feeding but she still wakes up. I dont rub and cuddle her, she stays in her crib and gets a few pats on her back(b-4 she is fully awake), so she does realize that it is sleep time. if she wakes up she will just cry away and become more awake.
re grand central station-try locking ur door, they'll get the hint after a few nites.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics