Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Offer: Baby clothing

hisorerus

Post Thu, Dec 15 2005, 10:26 pm
I have a nice sized pile of baby clothing I'm willing to give, sell, or trade.

Most of the stuff is brand new with tags. I can't use them because they have non-kosher animals, which I don't use. I called a Rov, who said it's fine to give or sell to Jews who don't keep that particular minhag.

I'll give them for free to someone in need; free with shipping if I like you Wink; or would love to trade for something I could use.

I'll IY"H post pictures shortly.

happyone

Post Thu, Dec 15 2005, 10:37 pm
interesting. never heard of that minhag. Do you know where it comes from?

Frumom

Post Thu, Dec 15 2005, 10:39 pm
do u have boys clothes?

hisorerus

Post Thu, Dec 15 2005, 10:52 pm

Brand new, opened package (couldn't see dog until opened). Just One Year (Carter's), size small, 0-3 months. Cute colorful stripes, dog with duck applique.

Brand new with tags. 3-piece outfit: onsie, pants, reversible jacket. "My little peanut" elephant print. Marshall Fields, 0-3 months.

Not sure if it's new, side tag cut off, looks like new condition. Baby Gap yellow "kimono" - drawstring bottom. Some sort of cat or bear face, yellow embroidery, on fold-over hands. Cotton, one size.

Not sure if it's new. No tags, new condition. Koala Baby, 0-3 months. Soft terry, embroidery with horse? donkey Wink? dragon? giraffe? (I know giraffes are kosher, but not taking chances if it's a horse).

New with tags, Baby Inc. Sport print stretchie, size 6 mo. Has bear with baseball cap among other pictures.

Elephant onsie, new with tags. Little Me, 3 mo.
Came with:

Elephant/dragon print onsie.

New with tags. Ralph Lauren beach print summer short thing. Has sea lion along with beach ball, boats, etc. Fancy collar.

Brand new. Was one of 3 in package, the other 2 were OK. Circo (Target) zippered stretchie, interesting print with sheep, blocks, hearts, moons, bottles, teddy bears, snails, spinning tops, giraffes... Question

I hope someone can use them!

hisorerus

Post Thu, Dec 15 2005, 10:54 pm
All boys clothes, although some of it might be appropriate for either gender. The minhag in question is a Chabad Minhag, of not allowing children to see pictures of non-kosher animals.

Frumom

Post Thu, Dec 15 2005, 10:58 pm
im interested in some of it, can we pm?

hisorerus

Post Thu, Dec 15 2005, 10:59 pm
Please do!

One caveat- I'm going to have to have my DH deal with the shipping, so it might take a couple days to get it out.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Fri, Dec 16 2005, 5:57 am
Can I just say that you have a nice linen set???

hisorerus

Post Fri, Dec 16 2005, 11:46 am
LOL
Wonder what that one stands for? Wink

Motek

Post Sun, Dec 18 2005, 9:19 am
happyone wrote:
interesting. never heard of that minhag. Do you know where it comes from?

here's a thread that tells you all about it, "Avoiding non-kosher animals/toys" in the Chinuch section:

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....2e62d

hisorerus

Post Wed, Dec 28 2005, 8:02 pm
OK, I really have to get these clothes out of here. It's boy season, so I hear, so maybe someone would like them? Again, free for shipping or barter.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Dec 28 2005, 9:35 pm
I have an almost 2-week old. Actually he was born the day of your original post!
I'm not sure, but I think I may have enough 0-3 and 3-6 clothing for him,...but I can help you take it off your hands, if it's really a bother to you. Why don't you give the stuff with the tags as gifts? (unless most of your friends have the same minhag).
Btw, how old is your baby?
all the best!

hisorerus

Post Wed, Dec 28 2005, 11:16 pm
All of my friends (as far as I know) keep this minhag. The others either don't have children this age, or were the ones who gave me the gifts! Smile

3Qts

Post Wed, Dec 28 2005, 11:49 pm
Can I ask a question? Are you allowed to go to the zoo?
I have never heard of this minhag before.
I am pregnant now and was told not to go to a zoo

hisorerus

Post Thu, Dec 29 2005, 12:27 am
The link above explains it well.

Why does this thread keep getting off topic? Sad Does nobody want these clothes?

willow

Post Thu, Dec 29 2005, 6:25 am
I want it, I want it, Very Happy Please tell me if you got my message.

supermommy

Post Thu, Dec 29 2005, 10:11 am
I also have some baby clothes with animal prints that I would like to give away to someone who needs. They are all brand new both for boys and girls. If anyone is interested please pm me.

mommy2

Post Thu, Dec 29 2005, 4:15 pm
I also have new baby boy 0-3 months baby clothes to give away-but pick up only
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries