Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Little ones and Chinuch..

amother

Post Thu, Dec 15 2005, 2:48 pm
I say brochos will my kids the minute their born. I try to do things when they're little (since children are like sponges- they grasp it all in). However, my dh he doesn't agree with this. He says children do not have to say brochos till their four. They don't understand it when their babies. I try to tell him (we are chabad) that the Rebbe says it all begins from the fetus in the womb. He doesn't understand it one bit.

What is so difficult with him saying a brocha when the kids?? What can I tell him, I've had it up to here ! Scratching Head

youngmom

Post Thu, Dec 15 2005, 3:10 pm
ask him how he thinks it'll work. on the day of your child's fourth b-day you'll suddenly want him to start? it'll be very difficult to start teaching a 4 year old the importance of saying a brocha if he/she hasn't seen it and heard it being done b/4.

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Dec 15 2005, 3:14 pm
Does he learn Likutei sichos, read Igrois Kodesh etc.? There are so many references in the sichos about chinuch from day one. Or is he not familiar with the sources in Chassidus?

There is an age which is called "higea l'chinuch", which is the age where there is a halachic obligation to teach a child Torah and be mechanech him in Mitzvos. ( It doesn't mean we don't have to or shouldn't teach them anything before that!) Is he referring to that?

At any rate, this early Chinuch is what's called Toras Imamother 'oops!, Wink Imecha.. It's the mother who has the most input at this age, and it is the very foundation of a person's Yiddishkeit, which will sustain them throughout life. There's no one who can duplicate the importance of your chinuch.

One of the Chachomim was asked how he merited to live so long. He answered: it was the [I]Shemen she'socho li imi b'yaldusi", the oils that his mother annointed him with in his childhood. This refers to the spiritual nurturing and Chinuch he received from his mother. ( besides the simple pshat ).

Motek

Post Thu, Dec 15 2005, 6:03 pm
amother wrote:
What is so difficult with him saying a brocha when the kids?? What can I tell him, I've had it up to here ! Scratching Head

You sound like a devoted mother and that's good! When it comes to brachos with babies, if YOU want to say brachos with them, YOU do it. HE doesn't want to! So what? He never said he is opposed to early influences!

Why nudge him about it?

Rochel Leah

Post Thu, Dec 15 2005, 7:25 pm
Motek wrote:
amother wrote:

You sound like a devoted mother and that's good! When it comes to brachos with babies, if YOU want to say brachos with them, YOU do it. HE doesn't want to! So what? He never said he is opposed to early influences!

Why nudge him about it?

totally agree with you Motek.

amother..keep up the good work. eventually your dh will catch on to it!!

jewgal84

Post Thu, Dec 15 2005, 7:38 pm
Quote:
totally agree with you Motek.

amother..keep up the good work. eventually your dh will catch on to it!!

I agree with you both Thumbs Up !!!

timeout

Post Thu, Dec 15 2005, 7:58 pm
MY husband only started Brochos with my son when he wanted too (my son). It's worked out very well he's 4 and is very proud when he says Brochos even if they aren't the right ones all the time Very Happy

amother

Post Fri, Dec 16 2005, 11:00 am
Your absolutely right Motek about nudging him. I will stop. The more I nudge him the more he gets fustrated (he says im not a little kid ). Anyway I appreciate all your input. Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics