Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Frozen fruit and whipped cream

Frumom

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 7:19 pm
Anyone care to share a recipe along those lines? or something else yummy and easy??
My hubby doesnt usually like desserts that are cakey

Frumom

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 7:26 pm
well at least not too cakey...

SMG

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 7:31 pm
I have 2.
1. I make ambrosia (but I use fresh fruit)
Cut up fresh fruit (melons, berries, grapes). Prepare a red jello according to directions. Mix in fruit and then put in fridge to chill.
Whip up a container of whipped topping. Keep chilled and mix with jello when it is set. Keep refrigerated.

2. Whip a container of whipped topping. Mix in a box of vanilla pudding mix. Add a package of thawed frozen berries. Pour into a graham cracker crust and freeze. Thaw for a few minutes before serving. To make this more special, melt some chocolate chips with a little margarine. Mix well and spread on the bottom of the graham cracker crust before pouring in fruit mixture.

MMEC123

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 12:25 am
SMG wrote:

2. Whip a container of whipped topping. Mix in a box of vanilla pudding mix. Add a package of thawed frozen berries. Pour into a graham cracker crust and freeze. Thaw for a few minutes before serving. To make this more special, melt some chocolate chips with a little margarine. Mix well and spread on the bottom of the graham cracker crust before pouring in fruit mixture.

YUM! That sounds soo good! I make something similar to your #1. I make jello (usually strawberry) and set frozen strawberries into it (if you use raspberry jello, use raspberries, etc.). Then put a layer of whip topping on top. It looks very pretty if you layer it (let the jello set, add whip, add jello, add whip one more time).

lucky

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 12:50 am
10 oz. whip topping
1 package frozen strawberries--with sugar-thawed
1 11 oz. can mandarin segments--drained
1 can crushed pinapple --drained
1 kiwi--sliced

Beat whip till slightly stiff. Add fruits, combine gently. Serve chilled.

I usually beat the whip till very stiff.I use reg. frozen or fresh strawberries(without the sugar) Also I chop the fruits before mixing it with the whip.
It can not be made too much in advance since the liquid from the fruits will sorta disolve the whip.

tzivi

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 12:52 am
Yummmmmy!!

Thankyou for posting these recipes. Perfect for Sumertime (in Melbourne!) Very Happy

Frumom

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 12:08 am
yummy, thanx! Now hopefully I'll get my DH to eat dessert too so I'm not the only one gaining weight Wink
These recipes sound great, I'll try one each week

lucky

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 11:33 am
Am I the only one that does not prepare desserts for Shabbos?? After we dinish the meal no one wants dessert. (They're stuffed Smile )

nicole81

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 12:20 pm
I don't prepare deserts either. if anything, I have a small store-bought cake or a box of cookies, but they usually go to waste, too. I have to say though, that smg's recipe #2 sounds so delicious, especially with the chocolate, that I'm going to have to try it!

MMEC123

Post Sat, Dec 17 2005, 8:55 pm
SMG wrote:
Whip a container of whipped topping. Mix in a box of vanilla pudding mix. Add a package of thawed frozen berries. Pour into a graham cracker crust and freeze. Thaw for a few minutes before serving. To make this more special, melt some chocolate chips with a little margarine. Mix well and spread on the bottom of the graham cracker crust before pouring in fruit mixture.

I made this for Shabbos. It was a HUGE hit! Thanks for the recipe!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics