Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Anyone feel this...

shayna82

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 7:38 pm
nowadays, the name brands for kids toys are making such HUGE toys even for babys as young as 6 months, they are big , yes and quite nice but sooo expensive.. theres one I really like for 54 dollars and thats like crazy for a baby toy. I just felt that he needs more stimulation. I guess ill wait till chanuka, and get something similar with chanucka gelt!!! LOL

chen

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 8:04 pm
at that age they are just as happy with the box. maybe happier. safe evryday objects like plastic mixing bowls in differnt colors and sizes are just as much fun and cheaper--plus, you can use them yourself when baby gets tired of them.

cindy324

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 3:20 pm
Don't bother spending the big bucks on toys for 6 mo. old babies. Seriously , my 1 year old barely looks at the stuff we've gotten her. Like chen said they're more interested in the box.

shayna82

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 3:34 pm
I have two children, yes youare right, but some toys beat all with their stimulating accesories, lights whatever, and will keep my son busy more than a box

nicole81

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 3:35 pm
my 7 month old's favorite toy is the remote control (without batteries, of course!) also, she still loves all the dinky rattles that cost like $2 that we got when she was a newborn. we bought one expensive toy, the exersacuer, but frankly she's content just sitting on the floor ripping up paper.

1stimer

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 2:28 pm
I was looking at a catalogue of the Early Learning Center and I was thinking 'my poor son' I am depriving him so badly of all these interesting, stimulating toys.

But then I realised that it was all advertising. I don't buy expensive toys for him, and he is very happy and occupied. If you want to stimulate him, play with him.

raizy

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 10:17 pm
sometimes the secong hand stores have good toys for cheap. I got lots and lots of toys from village the valer. like a school bus fisher price for one dollar. a blue piano for 3 dollars little tikes. doll house blue rocking horse,zebra,farm animals. fisher price.

I only get brand names and it cost a fraction then if I would buy it in a reg store...

baby's mom

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 10:54 pm
Quote:
but frankly she's content just sitting on the floor ripping up paper.

same here. My daughter LOVES tags!!

tzivs107

Post Wed, Nov 30 2005, 1:19 pm
sooo funny- my daughter lover tags too!! No matter what she always manages to find the tag!! Bomb

baby's mom

Post Sun, Dec 18 2005, 12:34 am
There's a store here that sells a pillow that has tags all around for those tag lovers!
Rolling Laughter

chavamom

Post Sun, Dec 18 2005, 1:29 am
baby's mom wrote:
There's a store here that sells a pillow that has tags all around for those tag lovers!
Rolling Laughter

I've seen a baby blanket like that with tags around the edges. I didn't get it until now!

raizy

Post Sun, Dec 18 2005, 12:33 pm
all my babies love tags.. and toothbrushes ... and toilet brushes with toilet bowels...

then they move onto my kitchen where they find the broom and mop and pail filled with hot and soapy water,, then they go under my cubboard and find the grape juices that I store there.. then they emty my pantry... shelves pots and pans.

and dont forget the ladles spoons and the best toy of all knives.. leave a knife on the table right in front of u and my baby will surely grab it..

with all these intresting toys in the house who needs to spend on real toys...

ooh and the best toy of all mammies makeup and creames and bandages but that is a whole different toy...
LOL LOL

Tefila

Post Sun, Dec 18 2005, 12:34 pm
Quote:
ooh and the best toy of all mammies makeup and creames and bandages but that is a whole different toy...

Yes for sure Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics