Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Quiche Recipes

mompete

Post Tue, Nov 01 2005, 12:27 pm
Anybody have good ones?

Ima-to-angels

Post Wed, Nov 02 2005, 1:58 am
I made the easiest and tastiest quiche/pie last week. Its not a kids one though.

Onion quiche/pie (I don't always follow the recipie, so I'll give you the original and my changes).

5-6 medium sized onions, sliced thinly
200g hard yellow cheese (cheddar)
200g salty white cheese (I used Bulgarit 24%, I don't know what a US equiv. would be)
3 eggs (mine were small so 3 was adequate, if they had been large I would have used 2).
1kg frozen puff pastry

Here are my changes: 1kg of pastry is too much about 750g is adequate. Puff pastry made the pie far too heavy. I would use a basic shortcrust pastry, much lighter.
I also added a tablespoon or so of sour cream and half a packet of onion soup mix.
You don't need salt as the cheese gives plenty of flavor, but you can add other herbs/pepper if you like.

1. Line your dish with baking paper (I used the tray from my toaster oven)
2. Roll out the pastry and line the dish.
3. In a bowl break the cheeses into smallish pieces (or grate the yellow cheese), add the sliced onions, the eggs and if you want the sour cream and onion soup.
4. Mix the whole lot together (it looks like there's not enough "liquid, but as the cheeses melt, its fine), fill the pastry case and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 30mins.

Enjoy!!

Frumom

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 12:41 pm
The spinach cheese one is good in the kosher pallete, sometimes I use a crust sometimes not

cindy324

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 2:14 pm
timeout, where are you? She has an amazing recipe and so easy to make, kid friendly ,too. I will nudge her to post, I myself don't have it, sorry.

timeout

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 2:29 pm
Allright Cindy I was out buying the ingrediants to make it Very Happy When ya coming over?

Tomatoe Quiche from Spice and Spirit Lubavitch Cookbook

If anyone doesn't have it I will definitely give it 8)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics