Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Pretty...more people help you?
Previous  1  2  3

Clarissa

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 12:07 pm
Okay, I hate to bring this up again and toot my own horn, but I have posted about how beautiful my uterus looks. If people could see this thing (we're talking STUNNING here), they'd be tripping over themselves to help me.

Don't judge a book by its cover, or a person by her face. Look at her organs.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 12:10 pm
Clarissa wrote:
Okay, I hate to bring this up again and toot my own horn, but I have posted about how beautiful my uterus looks. If people could see this thing (we're talking STUNNING here), they'd be tripping over themselves to help me.

Don't judge a book by its cover, or a person by her face. Look at her organs.

You always talk about how beautiful your uterus is, which I believe Rolling Eyes , but I'd like to know, when did you see it, besides for a sonogram because those pictures aren't very clear?!

amother

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 12:14 pm
My dd is really very striking. I get comments about her all the time from perfect strangers. Wherever we go ppl offer her special treats. Like stickers, candy, free balloons etc. (she's just a little kid.)

When I'm with DS, who is also very cute just not quite as striking, the offers aren't as forthcoming and the comments don't run forth. People also are less likely to hold the door for me etc.

I do think that it makes a difference, at least with kids.

Boy I can't wait till she gets to be a teenager. Can't wait to see what that'll be like. Rolling Eyes

Clarissa

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 12:15 pm
I had a laparoscopy/hysteroscopy (sp?) when I was ttc, and my surgeon/RE took pictures. He showed them to me after the operation. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you could eat off this thing, it was gorgeous. Not every organ was so pretty, though.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 12:16 pm
Clarissa wrote:
I had a laparoscopy/hysteroscopy (sp?) when I was ttc, and my surgeon/RE took pictures. He showed them to me after the operation. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you could eat off this thing, it was gorgeous. Not every organ was so pretty, though.

Can you post it, so we can all see LOL ?

Clarissa

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 12:18 pm
If I post it, I might lose my anonymity. Besides, for the sake of modesty, I believe my uterus is only there for my husband and my surgeon to see. I don't want the photo to wind up on some weird [filth] site.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 12:30 pm
Clarissa wrote:
If I post it, I might lose my anonymity. Besides, for the sake of modesty, I believe my uterus is only there for my husband and my surgeon to see. I don't want the photo to wind up on some weird [filth] site.

I understand, I just thought we can all revel in your beauty. Is that correct?

bandcm

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 12:32 pm
I agree with those who say dress your kids nicely for school, camp, babysitters...it makes a big difference!
And as for attacking a teacher for having a hard time not favouring the cuter kids, I completely relate. Not that I was holding my sixteen-year-old students on my lap, but I had to consciously remind myself to display the same patience for a stupid question from a plain, morose-looking girl with an annoying kvetchy voice, as I would the same question from her livelier/cuter counterparts.
A good teacher is one who definitely notices and compares differences in attractiveness (is that a word?), but does not allow herself to act on, or even consciously feel, the difference.

mandksima

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 1:03 pm
When I was living in Manhattan as a single, Hispanic guys were always coming on to me. They never mind a few extra pounds. Or Pakistani taxi drivers that were in search of a green card. I think certain nationalities find me attractive but not Israelis as they like tall and lean. Or maybe now that I have kids they aren't as flirty. No one has ever fought to be close to me but I have noticed when I am dressed decently and look put together, I do get more smiles and help. Part of it is that I am always smiling and asking "how are you?" to storeowners, etc. That makes you stand out when everyone else is crabby and doesn't bother to even say "thanks."

When I was almost due I got the most help and attention! LOL

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 3:17 pm
Posting anon so I dont get attacked...

But I am always told how im so beautiful, gorgeaus, and all those lovely things. I do dress very classy and elegantly and try to act like a lady. (as my mother trained us to when we were very very young Wink anyways my point here is that one of my mothers friends once mentioned to me when this came up that its not necessarily my beauty (my face, hair, figure etc...) that attracts people to me, its my chein. She said when you walk around with a bright smile all the time and are sweet and friendly to everyone thats why they are attracted and want to help you and be around you more.

I never realized this before, but since then, I try to be more aware that even if Im feeling down or not in the mood, keep that smile on- You will have more friends!!

Just a tip- you dont need to look like Miss Universe to be liked, you need to SMILE!!

mandksima

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 3:22 pm
amother wrote:
Posting anon so I dont get attacked...

But I am always told how im so beautiful, gorgeaus, and all those lovely things.

How DARE you be so beautiful! I'm reporting this post.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 3:31 pm
amother wrote:
I never realized this before, but since then, I try to be more aware that even if Im feeling down or not in the mood, keep that smile on- You will have more friends!!
Maybe I don't want more friends. And besides, my friends aren't attracted to me because I always have a smile on my face. Quite the contrary, in fact.

Anyway, you may be gorgeous and beautiful and dress stunningly, but your uterus might be hideous.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 3:53 pm
Clarissa wrote:
amother wrote:
Maybe I don't want more friends. And besides, my friends aren't attracted to me because I always have a smile on my face. Quite the contrary, in fact.

Anyway, you may be gorgeous and beautiful and dress stunningly, but your uterus might be hideous.

Well so long as it functions properly and does its job- I dont care how it looks!

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 4:03 pm
Clarissa wrote:
amother wrote:

Well so long as it functions properly and does its job- I dont care how it looks!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics