Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
How to Go About Toilet Training?

Redleft55

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 8:01 pm
Today I signed my 2.5 year old daughter up for school next September. Since she has a summer birthday, I was able to choose whether to put her into the "older threes" or "younger threes" class for next year.

I told them that I really want her in the older group because she happens to be very verbal and a good listener - she knows how to behave in a school setting (we do a drop-off playgroup now) and is ready to take it to the next level. I also think, personally, that the teacher for the older group is better. . .

Anyway . . the only caveat is that children in the older group **must** be toilet trained by the start of the school year. I have around 9 months to go until then, and I really need some guidance as to how to go about this.

I just had a second baby 2 months ago and was waiting until getting settled at home with him before trying this in earnest with my daugther. She understand the concept of "making" and usually tells me during or immediately after she has done it - just not before so I could actually get her on the toilet - and she has gone on the toilet a small handfull of times just by me getting her to sit and sit until it happened.

We have both a floor potty and a toilet ring, I prefer the ring so there is no mess to clean up. I am wondering how to get her to consistently go, and to tell me before she goes instead of right after. Yikes, I hope I make it for September!!

chavamom

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 10:15 pm
Prior thread where we discussed this at length. You have 9 mos. so plenty of time to introduce the concept and let her come to it without the deadline pressure of teh start of school.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training