Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
I'm moving from israel to america

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 1:46 am
I'm moving from israel to america and have some questions for anyone who's done it before.
basically, are there any major do's or don't's? things to definitely not bring back or to buy here and bring back?
we are selling pretty much everything except for current clothing and sefarim. is there anything else I should think of?
what tips.? I'm so sad. Crying

catonmylap

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 2:00 am
Are you sending a lift back?

One tip-we took all the magnets from our fridge....and it made us feel more at home when we put them up there.

When you get there, buy second hand furniture and stuff through Craigslist or the local pennysaver.

Tamiri

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 2:06 am
This is very sad and heartbreaking, and you are bringing back memories that are 21 years old. We did an "open house" sale when we were leaving, and people bought everything. Even opened bottles of shnapps! We sold it all - there was no point in shipping things to the U.S. We took sforim, albums, Judaica and clothes with us. You can buy everything you need in the U.S. New, used - there is everything. We even got a sofa donated to us. A cheap car. It's just a matter of money. We were SO excited to be going then. We thought it was just for 5 years, for DH to get his Masters and then make a little money. Hah!

challi

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 12:01 pm
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions