Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Mary Kay cosmetics-info

Rosemarie

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 11:18 pm
I need new makeup and am just not getting to it. I recently heard that Mary Kay can send down a beautician to your house to try out which makeup looks good for you and then you buy what you want, all from the comfort of you home! I forgot to ask this woman for a phone number and now can't contact her as I don't know her she was just a woman I met at an event of some sort. Anyone know about this and can give me information? Or any info about any other companies that would do this?

TIA

pecan

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 11:51 pm
Where do you live? My sil does it in crown heights.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 1:34 am
where do you live?

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 6:12 am
I have a friend in NJ who does Mary Kay. Where do u live?

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 1:44 pm
I do it in Cleveland but I've recruited a few frummies in NY and NJ lately..... so yep, let us know where you are--- surely one of us can hook you up!

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 5:01 pm
Oh, is that what she meant? That people become saleswomen for them out of their own houses (like tupperware...)? I did not know that that's what she meant. I thought that someone from the company comes down.

Anyway, I live in Boro Park. Anyone do it here, or know someone who does it here?

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 7:36 pm
We're all independent business owners, and though we all represent Mary Kay, none of us are "employed" by the company to be sent by them, perse. We all individually sell the products and build teams. But yes, we do try before you buy appointments in your home (or ours, whichever you prefer). There are a million MK consultants in over 30 countries.

I pmed you the phone number of one of my team members who I think lives near you. Enjoy your MK appointment!

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 10:57 pm
Are Mary Kay salespeople Makeup artists/cosmeticians or just salespeople who know a bit of makeup stuff?

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 11:20 pm
usually we're primarily business owners who've gone through skin care and color training, but are not liscenced cosmetologists. I've had some liscenced cosmetologists in my unit, but that's not the majority. You'll find that unless you have a cosmetologist, we don't touch you. We squeeze the product onto your tray, tell you about the features and benefits of the product and ask YOU to apply it. That way it's legal. And then you know how to reapply it when you have it at home. Good question!

Rosemarie

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 3:25 pm
Oh, but I was really looking for a professional makeup artist to advise me on what's good, looks good, and how to properly apply it. (sometimes I'm not sure I am doing right and I am always open to new techniques)

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 9:28 pm
yep, that's what we do. we're not certified or liscenced as makeup artists or cosmetologists--- our training comes from Mary Kay corporate via weekly meetings in our local areas on topics such as color, skin care, time management, money management, selling skills, recruiting skills, etc etc.

If you want someone to apply makeup ON YOU, MK isn't it. If you want someone to sell it to you and teach you how to do it yourself and which colors work for you, and which skin care system is best for your needs...... MK is it.

myfriends715

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 10:12 pm
I do it in bklyn.. pm me if you are interested

yentaof8

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 11:59 pm
Does MK have a very effective acne treatment for a 20 yr. old?

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 2:32 pm
yep--- acne treatment gel--- 5% bp, safe enough to use EVERY day to prevent acne from forming. MUCH less drying than 10% bp treatments from the drugstore which can only be used when acne is already there. Good question!

---the imamother skin care guru Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics