Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Spas and "womenly" things

amother

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 2:10 pm
My dh wanted to treat me to a spa and I said, no, I don't like it. Not like I ever went to one. I read how this poster is giving her sil lotion after she had a baby and I couldn't care less for that. I'm so not into any of these products, am I the only one? My husband wishes I was, but not doing something is a hard habit to break. I am not a tomboy at all, just not a "lady" LOL .

Fabulous

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 2:11 pm
Me neither. I get manicures and pedicures sometimes just for the looks, I really don't enjoy them as many people feel they are treating themselves. I am not too girly (may have to do with the fact that I am a "big" girl.

sky

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 2:32 pm
I don't enjoy these things. I get manicures sometimes special for Y't. But a pedicure, no way, I hate having a stranger touch my feet. And I would never end up using lotions. dh would also like me to go for manicures and pedicures more often but only because he thinks it will help me relax.

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 3:09 pm
who has time for it ... but once in a blue moon it can be FUN !!! (even for a tomboy)

ltlesmartmom

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 3:11 pm
It is my dream one day iyh when ill have spare time in my hands............

BusyBeeMommy

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 3:13 pm
I dunno, I used to get manicures and pedicures every week and it didn't help me relax one bit. The waiting was crazy and I just wanted to get it over with and get home in time for shabbos.

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 3:40 pm
so give yourself a manicure ... don't have to get antsy ... just follow through with all 10 fingers ... Wink

amother

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 4:14 pm
amother wrote:
My dh wanted to treat me to a spa and I said, no, I don't like it. Not like I ever went to one. I read how this poster is giving her sil lotion after she had a baby and I couldn't care less for that. I'm so not into any of these products, am I the only one? My husband wishes I was, but not doing something is a hard habit to break. I am not a tomboy at all, just not a "lady" LOL .

Ok, so I am not 100% crazy, maybe just 99%. DH bought me a spa certificate, it is sitting, I can't bring myself to go. I dont know why it just mkes me nervous.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 4:25 pm
I'm very girly, but I don't get the spa thing. I'm not tempted.

IndyMom

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 5:35 pm
I am a HUGE tomboy but I love spas. Not every day, or even every year - but occasionally to go in and have a professional massage followed by a facial and then a mani/pedi- amazing! I guess the mani/pedi alone would be boring for me - also I don't like colors on my nails so I have them "do" them all nice and then put clear polish on it. If you have never had a facial - that is seriously soothing and relaxing and makes your skin brighter.

Now that you mentioned it - does anyone have a good spa recommendation in jerusalem? I want to treat myself before I have another baby. Smile

Rivky

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 5:45 pm
Dh pushes me to go all the time but somehow it doesn't really tempt me. Although once I do go it's sheer bliss, it's till I get myself to go that takes a lot of time.

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 5:55 pm
I loooooooove all of those things.

All of the above posters who don't like it, I will take your DH's presents! 8)

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 6:46 pm
I love these things.. Whenever it works out, I go to the city with my girlfriends and have a spa day. THe problem is, it doesn't happen often enough!

flowerpower

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 6:48 pm
You have to be the type for it. Mil's married kids got her a gc for a spa treatment for chanukah and I think it expired. Everyone relaxes by doing something else.

ltlesmartmom

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 6:55 pm
Beauty and the Beast wrote:
I love these things.. Whenever it works out, I go to the city with my girlfriends and have a spa day. THe problem is, it doesn't happen often enough!

same here!

Beauticianista

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 1:00 pm
The thing that always pops to my mind when I feel I need to relax: "massage". I recently went with my sis to a spa in Manhattan and we had a blast. Got a body scrub (OK, that was a first and probably a last), a massage, mini-facial...it was awesome. If you have gift certificates that are expiring...I will be nice enough and use them for you Twisted Evil

pomegranate

Post Fri, Nov 14 2008, 10:40 am
amother wrote:

sometimes when I feel ''I have had it''- like after a long hard day I take about a fifteen twenty minute warm bath. then I slather on some smelling lotion- it makes me feel fresh and relaxed. I feel like a mentch again and can go on doing what I have to. Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics