Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Explain how their minds work!?

elisecohen

Post Sun, Dec 18 2005, 8:30 am
Last night I heard crashing around in the bathroom well after I'd sent my boys upstairs to get ready and go to bed. I go up to investigate, and there's my developmentally delayed 9 year old son standing in the middle of the bathroom, naked from the waist up, shoes still on, pants and undershorts at his ankles, with dental floss wrapped around and around his body from his ankles to his waist! His only explanation was that his little brother "made" him do it (said little brother was in the bedroom reading and I'm pretty sure had no idea what had been going on). Does anyone have an explanation of just how they wind up doing these things????? Rolling Eyes

I really just don't know how it would enter his mind to begin the whole process.

hisorerus

Post Sun, Dec 18 2005, 12:06 pm
LOL!!!

Could "floss your teeth" somehow have been misunderstood as "floss your feet?" Or perhaps an innocuous statement like, "let's wrap this up?"

Tefila

Post Sun, Dec 18 2005, 12:14 pm
Has he ever seen or heard of pics of being tied up Confused
Anyway yep kids do the funniest things at times, not sure sometimes wether to laugh or cry Confused

Like one time my 5yr old son comes home from school and says mummy so when is the end of the world? shock
I couldn't understand what they had been learning to get him to ask such a strange question, and he wouldn't leave me alone to prepare supper until I answered him. So I told him that when Moshicah comes it's the start of a new world but where did you learn this, w/h what teacher what were you discussing.?
Anyway this child who is very smart bli ayin hora is not much of a talker so I couldn't get much from him.
Well after supper, reading and bath time bed shema etc.
I called his teachers and they both told me it's not something they talked about at all.
Well both my husband and I dismissed it. The next day my 3yr old was crying that he didn't have the straw plate like his brother for breakfast to which I answered in exaspperation it will be your turn tommorrow it's not the end of the world I caught myself right after. shock
You see I had subconciously been drilling this into my son, so he wanted to know, what would happen at the end of the world Exclamation Oy vey we really have to watch what we say Confused

Yael

Post Wed, Dec 21 2005, 2:59 pm
that is funny. Very Happy

raizy

Post Thu, Dec 22 2005, 11:05 pm
I think boys love playing being tied up. they used to use my hubby gartel to tie each other up. till I decided that one day someone will kill each other and I willbe the one that eveyone will blame so I outlawed it...

Tefila

Post Sun, Dec 25 2005, 10:28 am
Quote:
till I decided that one day someone will kill each other and I willbe the one that eveyone will blame so I outlawed it...

LOL LOL LOL LOL Crying
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics