Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
International Air Travel/Kosher Food Problem
Previous  1  2

Marion

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 8:18 am
I don't consider flour a grain. A grain is unprocessed, like oatmeal or whole wheat.

drumjj

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 9:38 am
if that is the case why would u not eat pretzels

BinahYeteirah

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 11:47 pm
Maybe I should check, but I don't think Twizzlers has enough flour to be considered "pas". I don't keep yashon, but I do keep pas yisrael. I don't think they are baked, so it would be more of a bishel yisrael issue, but they aren't a "choshev" food, blah, blah. blah... So, as far as I know, Twizzlers are fine.

a1mom

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 5:07 pm
Airports often sell dried fruit/nuts with an ou or ok-shop around to all the different stands

dewyt

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 5:40 pm
I fly to and from Ny - australia and I always take food. its not fruit cuz that I know is not allowed in, but I have suitcase packed with food plus a backpack full of food that goes with me on the plane. as long as I declare it and show what I have it has never been a problem. maybe because u fly thru NZ and tahiti!!! that could be it! but from us- aust they never took away anything from me.

chanagital

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 6:56 pm
LAX has kosher food... if I remember correctly they even have samwiches that are kosher. The samwiches are Got Kosher brand samwiches. They sell them in the delta termanal. That is star k as far as haschachas. Just look for the Heart K. which is kehella kosher... that is one of the many ones that you will see here that you might not know. If you pm me... I might be able to help more... even bring stuff for you guys if you want...we even have a kosher subway here...remember LA is the 2nd largest jewish population in the united states. You can also preorder food to have delivered to the termanal if you want.. there are pleanty of kosher resturants within a half an hour from there who would deliver including jeffs gourmet sasuges...subway samwiches etc.
Got Kosher info is:
For info call (310) 858-3123
or email gotkosher@sbcglobal.net

http://www.jeffsgourmet.com/

BinahYeteirah

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 4:30 pm
Wow. Thanks for all the great info!!!

If they have the Got Kosher stuff at the airport, that could be perfect. Do you know if their hashgacha is generally accepted by Lubavitchers? I will have to ask about it anyway, but it would be good to have an idea. I've heard of the Heart K and I was told it is fine for a certain product I wanted to buy (bout not for just anything), but I have no idea about the Rabbinical Council of California.

chanagital

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 7:05 pm
Those symbols are all acceptable by the chabad in LA as far as I know (admittadly I am not chabad)... Most jewish pple here go by Rabbi Eiletz as far as the athority on Kashrus. He is the author of "Is it Kosher? and the Kosher Information Beauro magazine. which is put out quarterly and often is quoted in other magazines in order to keep us LA pple updated on kosher foods. The RCC (Ribinical Council of California) is accepted by most Religious Jewish pple in the LA area. Again I am not Chabad so I don't know for sure...as far as your minhag. You can even contact the chabad house/storefront closest to the airport... I am sure they have some good information that would pertain to you. The closest one to LAX is:

Chabad Jewish Center of Playa Del Rey
12053 Jefferson Blvd
Culver City, CA 90230

Get Directions
(310) 417-8500
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics