Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
I just saw a mouse in my kitchen!!!!!!!!
Previous  1  2

bubby

Post Sat, Nov 15 2008, 5:16 pm
I really hope my DD doesn't read this. If her brothers want to torture her, they whisper "mouse" in her ear. I take no responsibility if her DH grabs them. They deserve everything they'll get. I've never seen anyone so paranoid as she is. she wouldn't even see that Ratatouille cartoon. Tom& Jerry: fuggedaboutit!

greenfire

Post Sat, Nov 15 2008, 5:36 pm
bubby wrote:
I really hope my DD doesn't read this. If her brothers want to torture her, they whisper "mouse" in her ear. I take no responsibility if her DH grabs them. They deserve everything they'll get. I've never seen anyone so paranoid as she is. she wouldn't even see that Ratatouille cartoon. Tom& Jerry: fuggedaboutit!

lol Nervous some of my favourite cartoons are mice ... speedy gonzales ... ay ay ay ay canta y no llores Music

happymom

Post Sat, Nov 15 2008, 6:29 pm
you can get your holes closed up. thats what I do. I did it to both my apartments so far. I refuse to live with mice

bubby

Post Sat, Nov 15 2008, 8:36 pm
Green, what that Spanish mean?

mummy-bh

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 2:26 am
So my hubby was in the store last night, and he realised that whilst the sonic things might be a 'clean' way to deal with the mice (ie no dead bodies to dispose of), they don't tackle the root of the problem. So he bought a bunch of old fashioned mouse traps.
Well, we put them out last night and went upstairs to bed. Within 5 minutes I heard two 'clicks' and we came downstairs to find, yup, two dead mice in their traps. Overnight another 4 were caught.

Something tells me this is just the beginning.........

NativeMom

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 8:19 am
we had one of those sonic repellent thingys- sorry I dont know the name! but I was so sensitive to it! My DH put it in my sons room so all the bugs and the mouse would stay out but I could hear it, it was awful! I ended up getting rid of it. Anyway, we saw our little mouse friend last night and DH decided to buy a bunch of traps to kill it Sad First of all I don't want traps lying around my aprtment, second I don't want to find a dead mouse in my apartment. I think I'll go out and buy a humane trap myself....sorry just venting

NativeMom

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 8:20 am
Thankfully we don't have a bug problem and I've only seen once mouse

Chani

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 8:26 am
Our house backs up to a woods, and so we have this problem every fall. I wish I had the magic answer, but we just set mouse traps every night and at some point we stop catching anything...until the next fall. (The ultrasonic thingies did absolutely nothing for us, but I hope they work for you...) At this point, I really am considering a cat.

NativeMom

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 8:30 am
Our apartment also faces some woods and I think that's where our mouse came from. Personally I'd rather have a mouse problem. We lived in a Condo in Brooklyn and I'd see a roach every once in a while..

greenfire

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 8:42 am
bubby wrote:
Green, what that Spanish mean?

oh silly that is the song speedy gonzales sang ... although it means "I sing and do not cry" (roughly)

Carefulmom

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 8:43 am
Put up a pic of the Kerestere Rebbe they say it works (I did it). I bought the mouse hotels so you don't see the dead mice I blocked all the holes I found, with steel wool Called an exterminator and then bought the sonic thingy to keep them away. The one I have is silent and it has 2 buttons one that sounds the same sound all the time and one that keeps changing. I just keep it set on the one that keeps changing it's sound.

(After catching 2 with my hotels I called the exterminator.) The exterminator keeps coming until he sees the bait isn't touched, meaning no more mice. Erev Pesach I found a dead mouse when I moved my stove to clean under there UGH. "He Man" nicely removed it And of course I screamed and he laughed.

mummy-bh

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 6:01 am
Last night we caught another one in the trap.

Tweetybird, I wanna ask you something. You said that the mice came and ate the challa you had cooling in the oven. Since this whole thing started, on Thursday night, I've been storing my baked goods (challa, cake, cookies) inside ziplocks in the parev oven. I know the mice can easily chew through plastic, and I don't own enough storage boxes. What you wrote freaked me out a bit - can the mice really get inside? isn't the oven sealed well enough? (or did I misunderstand, and were the challas cooling with the over door open?)

takeiteasy

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 8:06 am
The mouse are coming in to the oven thru the back or botton. I had a ton of mice and I think the only solution is mouseproofing. They can come in thru the windows if you have no screens. Before I moved from my mouse infested apartment (building) I had 7 dead/trapped mice one morning.

Good Luck!!

Carefulmom

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 8:09 pm
They came if from the bottom and up into the oven they have no bones so they can get in through small holes. No the oven was closed. I had to rebake. I once had challas in a bag on my counter In a bag and it was Rosh Hashana) the crumbs I found......

mummy-bh

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 3:13 am
shock shock shock shock omigosh Surprised Surprised Surprised
I totally did not want to hear that Compress
so where am I supposed to keep my baked goods? is there anywhere that is safe from these rodents?? Mad

drumjj

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 3:39 am
I would get the pest control ppl to come we had a mice problem for ages downstairs and in the loft and we put traps, the rebbe picture and everything and in the end the only thing that has really worked are the pest ppl.

Chani

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 4:41 am
As for where to put challahs/baked goods - Try getting a large tin - like the kind boy scouts popcorn comes in - and put them in ziploc bags and then the bags in the tin.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics