Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
In which season did you get married in?
Previous  1  2  3

What season did you get married in?
winter  
 34%  [ 28 ]
spring  
 16%  [ 13 ]
summer  
 34%  [ 28 ]
autumn  
 13%  [ 11 ]
other... :?  
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 81

ozi

Post Sat, Nov 01 2008, 6:56 am
I got married in August, which in Australia is the middle of Winter (so it's not only the Argentinians who are kooky!) It was actually a really cold day, but no snow (it never snows here). It started raining just after the Chupah.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Nov 01 2008, 1:42 pm
ozi wrote:
I got married in August, which in Australia is the middle of Winter (so it's not only the Argentinians who are kooky!) It was actually a really cold day, but no snow (it never snows here). It started raining just after the Chupah.
iwas going to say the same thing about south africa also having the sesons opposite from america. and my husband only saw snow for the first time here in israel when he was 28:)

we got married in august. we got engaged in april right before pesach and we had to wait till the summer to get all of our family on to one continent (we were in israel, my family in america and his in south africa)

we were hoping for a nice day so that we could have the chuppah outside like in israel, but it was a terribly humid day and we had quite a few old guests so we had inside.

mamacita

Post Sat, Nov 01 2008, 2:53 pm
I voted autumn, but only I consider Aug/Sept the start of autumn because that's when school starts. So technically I got married at the end of the summer. Smile

Aribenj

Post Sat, Nov 01 2008, 9:25 pm
Dh proposed in August and we were both still in college so we decided to get married over winter break. I mean, who wants to go to school the day after their own wedding???!!

NativeMom

Post Sat, Nov 01 2008, 9:34 pm
Aribenj wrote:
Dh proposed in August and we were both still in college so we decided to get married over winter break. I mean, who wants to go to school the day after their own wedding???!!

My DH proposed during winter break and I ended up taking a semester off (we got married in March) prob not the best way to go about it but my in-laws insisted on 3 month engagement.

losingweight

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 12:06 am
We had a three month engagement and got married on Chanukah because that's when my fathers Rebbe was here from EY. Sadly, my wedding was the last one he attended.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 12:09 am
Zlata wrote:
We had a three month engagement and got married on Chanukah because that's when my fathers Rebbe was here from EY. Sadly, my wedding was the last one he attended.

Oh, how sad! At least he was able to see his daughter married off.

losingweight

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 12:51 am
Oh, how sad! At least he was able to see his daughter married off

I meant the Rebbe's. My father is alive and well B"H.

miriamnechama

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 8:50 am
I got engaged rosh chodesh adar, and actually wanted tehweddingin ellul as it's that special time of year taht you can come close to hashem.

but my dh's rosh yeshiva explained taht usually in israel engagements are short, at first we thought of getting married in england but then decided against it. we took teh first available hall we like and got married a week after shavous which was actually a day taht was a majour heat wave.

we got married by skia time ontop of teh roof of teh hall and it was amazing to have teh mountains of yerushalayim sorounding...

Fabulous

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 9:57 am
Zlata wrote:
Oh, how sad! At least he was able to see his daughter married off

I meant the Rebbe's. My father is alive and well B"H.

Sorry. I misunderstood.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics