Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I just saved $2,000 plus…
Previous  1  2

Raisin

Post Fri, Sep 12 2008, 11:31 am
Motek wrote:
I would appreciate watching a chuppa I could not attend, but just listening to it? No.

And when you watch a wedding video, do you watch the entire chuppa or fast forward? I think most people fast forward because chuppas are not that interesting to sit through and certainly, at least for me, not to listen to, no matter who is getting married.

its different when it is going on in real time. Yes, I also would not be that interested to listen to someones chuppa, unless it was someone very close to me, and I hope I will be able to physically be at such a wedding.

Motek

Post Fri, Sep 12 2008, 11:49 am
Yes, there are moving descriptions of people who could not attend a wedding and at the time the wedding was taking place, they made their own celebration. There is something special about the actual time it is taking place.

Fabulous

Post Fri, Sep 12 2008, 12:00 pm
My dh sometimes sets up weblinks live in patients' hospital rooms for their family weddings. Also, my cousin was pregnant with twins, on bedrest and lived out of the country when her sister got married. They did some sort of video hookup but it is annoying. I just went to a chasuna this week that some of the aunts couldn't make it to and they were on the phone half the night, even though the time difference was like 5-6 hours later.

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Sep 12 2008, 5:30 pm
Listening to a chupa is only interesting if it’s in real time and if you have a special connection to the marriage. Otherwise, when watching a video years later it’s sooooooooo boring!

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 11:11 pm
There's an organization that sets up videocams for ppl in the hosptial that can't attned their close relatives' weddings. My housebound grandmother had that in her house when one of her grandchildren got married and she couldnt travel out of town to the wedding.

StrongIma

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 1:25 am
shaklee - mazel tov. You have an amazing attitude - I'm sure it serves you well to always try to see the bright side. May you have much nachas from your little bundle of joy.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 8:49 am
Mama Bear - B'H I wasn't sick, only sickeningly pregnant! LOL
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics