Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Swimming lessons

pecan

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 12:04 pm
Hi, is there a place in or near crown heights where my 6 year old can get swimming lessons? She really wants to learn to swim. I called up the pool here and she's too young for the group lessons. Private lessons would be $40 for a half hour. And the group lessons here which she's not eligible for anyway are $290 for 10 hours. I've never heard of such high prices. I have my master's in special ed after 5 years of college and these swimming teachers make more than me!
I can't afford private lessons and she's too young for the group lessons. Any ideas?

pecan

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 3:33 pm
anyone know about a swimming pool in canarsie?

fleetwood

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 4:55 pm
Sorry it took a while to respond but I dont have a 6 year old yet so I never check here. I used to take my daughter to the HES in Canarsie for swim lessons. I think it was 150 for 10 lessons. I was happy but it was just too far for me to keep it up. Is this the place youre thinking of?

pecan

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 5:00 pm
I guess it must be it. Do you by any chance have the number?

fleetwood

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 5:13 pm
I dont have the number but its called the HES, try yahoo yellow pages. Good Luck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children