Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Buying Living Room and Dining Room Furniture (online)

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 8:04 pm
We are looking to buy a couch set/sectional and a dining room set with a very large or expandable table. Does anyone have any good places to recommend looking online? There are some really nice things online but how do you know if the place is reputable? Anyone ever bought furniture online? We are not in the states so can't look in stores. It doesn't make sense to buy here in Argentina and right now we have a way to bring it here from the US.

If we find something really nice online, it is possible to send someone in to look at it (as far as quality is concerned) if it's in the NY/NJ area.

We would also consider buying used but perfect condition furniture if I could get someone to go look at it and make sure it is what they are saying it is.

Any advice?

ilovestrollers

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 8:09 pm
We got our dining room a couple of years ago from MBW furniture. www.mbwfurniture.com When we bought it, we got a full dining room for 4,000 shipped to our house. Now the prices are a little higher, but the quality is amazing. We got a 10 ft table, ten chairs, a break front and a server. They were really helpful throughout the whole process.

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 8:14 pm
Not quite the style we are looking for but thanks! Anyone else?

Also, did you have any way to check out the stuff before you bought online or you just trusted and went with it?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 8:17 pm
Why can't you buy it here? We bought our couch here. We had everything else. I do want to get a new kitchen table, though.

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 8:21 pm
A few reasons....
They don't make things big enough here. We haven't found anything we really like. The prices are crazy for buying something you aren't crazy about.

ilovestrollers

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 8:24 pm
My aunt had bought a table from them before us. So we knew the quality before hand. There was no way to see what we were getting in advance except through pics.

NativeMom

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 9:02 pm
We bought our stuff from Raymour and Flanigan (Raymourflanigan.com) Their stuff is reputable and pretty affordable. Check out their website and see if they have anything you're looking for.

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 10:05 pm
we've bought beds from overstock.com. we were very happy with them. I like that they have customer reviews on just about everything there, so it's not as much of a guessing game. the prices were normal and the shipping prices are ridiculously low. I've bought other things (not furniture) from them as well and have always been happy with their stuff.

yogajew

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 10:18 pm
I've also bought a lot of stuff from overstock.com and have been very pleased with the quality of merchandise for the price.
The last purchase I made was a couple of end tables and a coffee table and they looked beautiful when they arrived.

I just bought this table from walmart.com. I don't usually think of walmart as having high quality merchandise but this piece exceeded my expectations.

Shipping furniture to Argentina must be expensive though....

curlytop

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 11:34 pm
I know this may be off a little bit, but I am looking for a vanity for our bathroom, 48 inches, in ivory. Its so hard to tell whether the stuff is good quality or not, especially when you are on a budget Rolling Eyes

BennysMommy

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 7:45 pm
Thanks for all the ideas. Does anyone know of any sites that have really big tables like MBW Furniture (10-12 ft tables) but in a more modern style?

Overstock is great for lots of things but they don't have what we need as far as a dining room set.

Any more ideas?

shayna82

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 7:50 pm
we got our leather couch set from clubfurniture.com

it was a couch, arm chair, ottamen, and loveseat

top of the line leather, not the cheapo stuff

ganizzy

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 7:50 pm
craigslist
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars