Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
Playing Parsha

chanchy123

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 5:15 am
While I was making dinner last night my kids were playing "store". DD (3.5) was the salesperson and DS (2) was the buyer. It took me a second to realize that DD was selling Mearat Hamachpela to DS for 70 Shekel, handing over their gan parsha sheet with the picture of the Meara.

mandksima

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 5:25 am
Cute! 70 shekels is a really good price and they're learning how to bargain young!

My kids would act out the Yitziat Mitzraim story often but unfortunately DS wanted to be the mean Mitzri guard and created whips out of household items and would force DD to be the slave whom he'd whip. Not so good in action as in theory.

Or they would be the Maccabeim and fight.

Or Dovid Hamelech and Goliat and fight.

Hmm, do you see an aggressive theme???

Now that we live in E"Y, they play chayalim.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 5:29 am
Actually DD is getting to be a good salesperson she sold her half eaten apple from gan for $20.

cubbie

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 5:30 am
That's too cute
My older dd is always opening stores at home, the funniest one was when she opened a hat and scarf store, so as well as giving her all my hats and scarves I gave her my hat fall which was rolled in the box, so she set everything up on the sofa and then asked dd2 what she wanted to buy to which she replied "mouse" and pointed to the fall.

mimivan

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 5:37 am
DS also liked to run a macolet. He tries to haggle with me.

he sold me my rolling pin for a shekel. I said "wow that's cheap!" Then he seemed exasperated.
"No! You are supposed to tell me it is too expensive and argue with me." LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics