Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Men's section

pomegranate

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 9:36 pm
I searched online this week for some tops on macy's, american aviators, gap etc. and didn't found anything interesting. then I by mistake searched in the men's section and saw a few decent sweaters and tops. only after I saved it in the favorites catalog did I realize it was men's clothing..
anyone ever bought from the men's section?

Maya

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 9:38 pm
I think their sizes run too big and long for the average woman. You must try them on to see.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 9:40 pm
I am pretty tall and I have bought a few things from the men's section of gap in the past and was pretty happy but nothing can be bought online, you must try it on.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 10:04 pm
I bought a nice large cozy gray hooded sweatshirt at Walmart in the men's section, to keep me warm on chilly summer nights. it fit better than the women's sweatshirts, which were all too tight.

lubaussie

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 10:20 pm
2 sweaters (large, warm and comfy) and a pair of PJs. Actually they were from the boys' section.

avigailmiriam

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 10:33 pm
I buy my button down shirts from the boy's section. No complaints.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 10:35 pm
I once complimented someone on a pretty top and she told me she got in by century by the mens section.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 10:37 pm
avigailmiriam wrote:

That's one of the things I got in the men's section. Except for the fact that they were buttoned the opposite way, (which no one noticed) I got tons of compliments. They were pink and purple. Why would men want to wear those colors? shock Confused Confused

Tzippora

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 10:44 pm
I've bought sneakers there - I'm a size 6 shoe, which turns into a size 4 boys sneaker. Other than that, I'm much too curvy for most boys clothes.

I will also "shop" in DH's clothing. I wear his sweats, his basketball shorts, and his sweatshirt. He just has to deal.

Is it ok for a woman to wear a man's belt (the plain buckle kind)? I can't tell if there's supposed to be a difference, and I kinda want to steal DHs for a particular work outfit.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 10:46 pm
ok, I'm going to ask the obvious question...what about beged ish?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 27 2008, 8:31 am
Fabulous wrote:
avigailmiriam wrote:

That's one of the things I got in the men's section. Except for the fact that they were buttoned the opposite way, (which no one noticed) I got tons of compliments. They were pink and purple. Why would men want to wear those colors? shock Confused Confused

they're very trendy for men, as well as tight pants, shiny belts and low necklines. You can see this even in the more modern frum, at least here. And I must say even among the non modern, I can't help thinking some bochurim wear pants like 3 sizes too small...

Mimisinger: I wondered too.

pomegranate

Post Thu, Nov 27 2008, 10:07 am
Mimisinger wrote:
ok, I'm going to ask the obvious question...what about beged ish?

whereI live chassidish men don't wear most of that stuff.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics