Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Fake seafood recipes

myomi

Post Sun, Jul 03 2005, 10:17 pm
does anyone have any good recipes involving fake shrimp or fake crab? I really enjoy them,however I wish I had a few recipes so I can turn them into meals or appetizers for shabbat.please post.thanx!

Pickle Lady

Post Mon, Jul 04 2005, 1:09 pm
I like to do a few things with fake crab.

Sometimes I make it into a salad. chopped up fake crab mayo and garlic powder and a crunchy veggie like cucumber and put it over bread.

Also I just throw in a pot with a jar of marinara sauce and let it cook and serve over pasta.

then I have made a chinese stirfry using the fake crab too and chinese veggies served over rice.

stem

Post Mon, Jul 04 2005, 2:26 pm
Sushi!

Pickle Lady

Post Mon, Jul 04 2005, 5:09 pm
I just remembered I also sometimes put it in a salad that I make for myself.

lettuce tomatoes cucumbers vinegerette dressing and fake crab...yummy

taralynng

Post Wed, Dec 28 2005, 10:12 am
My sister-in-law gave me the following fake crab recipe. It's really delicious and unusual, if you go for that. She serves it in tostada shells, but I have trouble finding them kosher. It's like an avocado salsa with Krab....

1 pkg kosher Surimi (imitation crab meat), flaked
1 avocado, chopped
about 4 tomatoes, chopped
cilantro, chopped
lime juice
hot pepper flakes to taste (optional)
salt

MMEC123

Post Wed, Dec 28 2005, 11:09 am
You can put fake crab into corn salad and serve it as an appetizer. Had it at someone's house and it was delicious!

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Wed, Dec 28 2005, 12:23 pm
I sautee a large onion then add in portabella mushroomsbefore the onions brown and sautee those. Then add the fake crabmeat, last add sliced red peppers. After sauteeing all ingredients I pour over a sauce of fake chicken soup broth mixed with soy sauce, and lots of garlic and simmer it for like 15-20 minutes ITS YUMMY!

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Wed, Dec 28 2005, 12:25 pm
Oh another great one I make is take a package or two (depends how many ppl you are serving) put it in a 9x13 pan with diced onion. then I mix in olive oil, salt and minced garlic (fresh is best) and bake until slightly crispy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics