Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Goji berry scam driving me insane

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 4:32 pm
To all those who want to earn a living with this new pyramid scheme, do a mitzvah and leave your family and friends out of it. one more time a cousin calls me and initiates a conversation, although she hasn’t called me ever before… and then sneaks into the ‘have you heard about the goji berry juice’ miracle suggestions… I’m going to plotz. Thanks.

pomegranate

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 3:15 am
I know. I am like thinking- You need money? fine, I understand. Go work and get a normal job. Don't
''fardrei a kup''

mamacita

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 4:01 am
This is how I felt about agel. scam or not, I don't want my social life to morph into business opportunities :roll

Mrs.K

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 5:25 am
I agree that it's downright rude to call someone you haven't spoken to in years just so you can make money off of them.

However, I have a brother in law who works for one of these "schemes" and although I have never purchased any of his products, nor has he ever asked me or anyone else to, this guy is doing amazingly. For several consecutive years now he has been named one of the top sellers and has purchased new cars, vacations, build additions to his home etc. etc.

I'm just saying that yes, I agree that people lose a certain sense of common decency when there's money involved, but I no longer call these things "schemes." And if it proves lucrative for someone who didn't harass every friend and relative, then all the more wonderful for them!

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 5:37 am
The problem with MLM's (multi level marketing) is that every friend, neighbor and relative becomes a potential customer. Gets so that people don't want to talk to you anymore...I don't know about Goji berry but most of them (like Agel, Sunrider, Herbalife etc.) are not scams.

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 11:46 am
Scams were discussed in other posts – I highlighted how to detect a scam or not. Point is, there are boundaries and if you can’t stick to it, you’re in the wrong business.

mimivan

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 3:12 pm
It doesn't matter whether they are fake or not...if you want a social life, avoid MLMs.. Wink

And don't forget to drink your goji berry juice!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics