Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What a waste of money

Frumom

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 10:57 pm
So, I know the reason for the banking crisis.

A bank where we used to live sends us our statement each month. They waste 42 cents a month to let us know that we have six cents in the account!

avigailmiriam

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 11:19 pm
Call them and ask them to stop or switch to online paperless statements. That's what I did. My Bank of America statements are available online in PDF formats.

3Qts

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 11:55 pm
My post office sent me a bill for $1.60 I sent the $1.60 but it was too late they charged me .12 finance charge so I got another statement from them for .12 so I sent them $1 and yesterday I got a statement for -.88 credit. How many statements are they going to send me that I have credit?

Mrs. XYZ

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 12:06 am
Oh my, thats hysterical. In the OPs case I guess they have no right to stop your statements without ypur consent. But in 3qts case? they spent 42 cents, plus the paper, envelope, printing.... in order to get 12 cents??? Rolling Eyes

All the companies like electric, gas, telephone, and banks are trying to request that people should go paperless, and get everything online only. I am waiting for them to offer me some bonus for that first. One of them did recently offer a $5 rebate to those who go paperless, so maybe we'll do it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics