Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Does it make sense to work? (about salaries)
Previous  1  2

Who has better salary in your family: you or your spouse?
My husband  
 64%  [ 37 ]
Me  
 21%  [ 12 ]
Our salary is equal  
 10%  [ 6 ]
We are unemployed  
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 57

nobody28

Post Tue, Dec 13 2005, 7:51 am
I understand - but she said she was making enought to pay the mortgage. Maybe I am wrong in assuming that is closer to $1000.

1stimer

Post Tue, Dec 13 2005, 2:39 pm
ooops sarahd. thanks for explaining. I assumed it meant their paycheck was 300 dollars more than babysitting costs...

raizy

Post Wed, Dec 14 2005, 6:58 pm
I work from home I have a home day care. so if he stays home he will be around babies all day long. and most proberly get very bored in the process.

happymom

Post Sun, Jan 01 2006, 10:55 am
Quote:
I look around at my neighbors and I don't understand how people live on one salary! My husband and I both make decent salaries, and with all the expenses - tuition (woh!), mortgage, cars, TRYING to save for the future, I don't know how I could NOT work!

there are ways to make money and stay home. like tutoring... doing things online etc when your baby (if ones at home) is napping. I thik alot of it is in attitude. If you dont see anything wrong with being a working mother, then one cannot understand how a mother can stay home. But if the priority is to be home and try everything possible to make that work.. (by cutting down in spennding, and husband getting beter job) etc... then it can most times. I think the biiggest gift one can giove thier children is to have mommy at home when they need it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics