Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Purim theme ideas
Previous  1  2

cubbie

Post Thu, Nov 27 2008, 3:58 am
Dd1 has already told me that she wants to be: a kallah (again), princess, ballerina, flower, butterfly etc etc, we have a long while of her changing her mind, so no point in me planning anything, when it's time to buy a costume she'll have to make a final decision and then I can start to plan.

OldYoung

Post Thu, Nov 27 2008, 10:19 am
YESHASettler wrote:
I'm due a week after Purim... so I have NO idea what we're doing...

Someone I know who was pregnant on Purim had a hilarious costume. She and her dh wore garbage bags, and wore signs- her's said "I'm Hefty" his said "I'm Glad" Wink

octopus

Post Thu, Nov 27 2008, 10:40 am
OldYoung wrote:
YESHASettler wrote:

Someone I know who was pregnant on Purim had a hilarious costume. She and her dh wore garbage bags, and wore signs- her's said "I'm Hefty" his said "I'm Glad" Wink

I have heard of that one before.... a few years ago.

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Nov 27 2008, 11:17 am
OldYoung wrote:
YESHASettler wrote:

Someone I know who was pregnant on Purim had a hilarious costume. She and her dh wore garbage bags, and wore signs- her's said "I'm Hefty" his said "I'm Glad" :wink:

That's very cute. Unfortunately it would go over the heads of pretty much every Israeli...

cubbie

Post Thu, Nov 27 2008, 12:10 pm
When I was in my 9th month with dd2 on Purim, dd1 asked me what I was going to be I told her a whale, so on Purim, she kept announcing to everyone that I'm dressed as a whale - never tell a 2-yr-old too much!!!!!

greentiger

Post Thu, Nov 27 2008, 12:13 pm
I haven't even started thinking about Chanukah and we are discussing Purim already?? When all you guys have your shaloch manos packed, you can help me cook for shabbos.

Ronit

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 11:18 am
Thanks for all the responses & teases. Wink

I'm actually due a couple of weeks before purim and while I love to sew & do something creative, I don't like leaving it for last minute...
This year I was thinking of sewing the 2 costumes in advance & coordinating with a theme that doesn't include much baking ...
I saw in a idea to dress up my older one as a pushcart tender w/ an apron etc- and the the baby as a hot dog in a bun - the pic showed the bugaboo carriage bassinet - the hood was removed & a sign was added to make it into a pushcart- it looked really cute & comfortable- but I am not the type to give hotdogs, french fries & coke for mishloach manos... I prefer s/t classier.
Last year my son was a sunflower I will attach pictures of him & the mishloach manos - if someone directs me how.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 11:26 am
My girls decided over Shabbat..

My 17 year old will be a puppy, my 16 year old will be a bunny and my 19 month old will be a parrot.

Mishloach Manot will be a baggie of mixed seeds and nuts, a carrot salad and puppy chow

greentiger

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 12:27 pm
By the way, for those of you planning Purim and not following in the bargain section, there are some great deals now on baby and toddler costumes in the $2 range on babycenter.com.

They have free shipping for the next two days, so hurry up!

Ronit

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 1:00 pm
All the costumes I clicked on came up as unavailable.

my friend and I decided to do a blueberry theme - the kids will be a blueberry - we are looking for hard blue boxes - we will line it with blue tissue paper and will put in - a small saratoga water in the blue bottle, blueberry muffins , and blueberry jam. If we find cute blueberry spreaders we'll include it too...

I hope to get out over the weekend to look for cheap fabric. last year I really did well - penina's in bp had an old evergreen robe that had a very full skirt- they sold it to me for $5- I cut it up to make the costume & the additional yellow I needed I bought felt sheets for really cheap - I stll have some leftover supplies which I will use this year & I think the costume costed me $8 in total & it was really cute.

I'm not thrilled with this years idea, but I think it'll come out cute in the end...

willow

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 1:05 pm
Yumm Blueberries..........I have not had one in a year!!!
They don't have them:(

Ronit

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 1:10 pm
Wink

pappymom

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 1:29 pm
I bought my kids teddy bear costumes (in TCP for $4.99!) and I need a mishloach manos idea....I want something classy but cute....anyone?

dainty diva

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 1:34 pm
Do a honey theme and add a little teddy bear inside. (little jar of honey, honey cookies, honey muffins, honey candies...)

Ronit

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 1:34 pm
why dont you just do a color coordinated theme of brown & tan. or a honey theme w/ honey dippers....

a friend once did s/t cute, but I wouldnt call it classy.

she had 2 boys then - so her hub & the two kids were the 3 little bears- she was goldilocks... she gave gummy bears, animal cookies,honey - I dont remember the rest

dainty diva

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 1:38 pm
4 this purim I'm redoing the last year. (we're in a recession right now, can't afford new costumes every year although I do sew them) 4 next year I want 2 do tiny tots w/ the girls. any ideas 4 costumes, mishloech manos?

greentiger

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 1:45 pm
You can also add beer.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics