Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Anyone tried the Rebbetzins Challah Recipe in the Binah Maga

3Qts

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 1:17 pm
It looked good.

Also it calls for 6.6 lbs of flour and I use the 5 lb Flour how many cups is 1.6 lbs?

boruchhashem

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 2:18 pm
3 and a third cup is 1 lb.

sunshine!

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 2:24 pm
Let me know how it comes out. I am afraid to try such a big recipe of something out of the ordinary. Vinegar in challah? hmmm...

cookielady

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 2:54 pm
Me too. I'm waiting for someone else to try it. You may also want to wait for corrections on the recipe in upcoming issues Wink When I see the corrections on measurements etc, I'm always glad I waited before trying a recipe.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 3:10 pm
It seems that Binah recipes very often have mistakes, and they're frequently publishing corrections to them. I agree, I'd wait to be sure to get any corrections that may come. Someone I know once made a Binah recipe that was VERY expensive and it totally flopped. Sure enough, there was a mistake in the recipe that they later corrected.

SECRET

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 4:58 pm
I totally do not agree. I have made loads of binah mag recipes and 99% of them have turned out fabulous. the recipes are always beautifully presented and clearly explained and they are useful everyday recipes. I have not tried the rebbizens challa because my challa recipe is foolproof and im not looking to change it.

3Qts

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 6:02 pm
Secret can I have your secret challah recipe? It looks like I will be shopping for something other then the rebbetzins recipe.
I made it yesterday and did not rise well. Also there are no eggs in the challah so that doesnt sound too good.

SECRET

Post Fri, Dec 05 2008, 5:31 am
sure here it is

in small bowl mix 2oz fresh yeast with a little sugar and warm water. leave for 5 min

in kenwood bowl (or can even do it all by hand)put just under a packet of flour, 1tblsp salt, 1 egg, 1/2 cup oil and just under a glass sugar. add yeast and combine all. add slowly 2 glass water. if too sticky, add little more flour. rise 1 1/1 hrs. and there you go... let me know if it was great...!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads