Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Night time wetting

shira

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 2:42 pm
My son is fully trained during the day and stays dry at night AS LONG AS I take him to the bathroom every night at about 11:30. If I forget or fall asleep before, there is no doubt that he will wake up wet. I have a feeling that at this point, he is programmed to go to the bathroom at 11:30. The question is, is there any way to wean him off of this night time bathroom visit? Is it a normal expectation that a 3 yr old boy be able to go the entire night without an accident? I have no problem continuing this minhag- I'm usually up anyway- I just wonder if it doesn't HAVE TO BE, if he's only needing to go because thats what he always does.
Any tips from seasoned moms would be greatly appreciated!

shopaholic

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 2:54 pm
You know, I need help with this too & I was going to start a thread on it, but forgot. thanks. My son is 5 (!!!) & still wets his bed 4 out 7 days a week. We have tried taking him to the bathroom before we go to bed. We have also tried stopping him from drinking about 1 hr - 2 hrs before bedtime, but it gets busy here so we sometimes forget. Any help?

mommy2

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 3:00 pm
A few tips:
Dont get upset at your child , bc the anxiety a parent creates, makes the problem worse.
I personally dont think it helps to wake them at nt bc u get them used to having to go then. I think its better to not let any drinks after supper, and they must go to the bathroom rt b4 going to sleep.
Also, they must go to bed on time. (friday nts r usually the worst bc they stay up late)

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 3:03 pm
Anybody want to try this? Just something I overheard, never tried it, don't know if it works or not... Pickles, that's right, before bedtime. Confused

chevymum

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 10:32 pm
My 3 1/2 year old still has accidents.... although we have started making a game of making sure that he goes to the bathroom before he has story time at night.... some nights he will be fine and other nights he just pees for the country!
I know boys are harder to train then girls... of course.... but patience is the main thing.....
You can always try Pull Ups... I know someone that used them only at night although I thought it was a step backwards it worked for her and her daughter..... she would wake up dry and after a couple of weeks they just took the pull ups off.... it depends on you and your child my philosophy is whatever works for you .... don't think toilet training is such a big competition.
Hope that helps.

happyone

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 10:41 pm
every night take him 15 min to half hour earlier. eventually you'll get so close to his bedtime it won't matter. I've done it with my kids and it worked amazing!

chevymum

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 10:42 pm
That is a great idea Happyone.

shira

Post Mon, Dec 05 2005, 12:56 pm
Thats a great idea, Happyone. I'm think I'm going to try that. I'll keep y'all posted.

raizy

Post Mon, Jan 02 2006, 9:46 pm
sorry happyone it doesnt work for me my daughter has to go 2 times a night to the bathroom . I dont have the keack for it and I put her on a pull up. she claims after this pack of pull ups she will start again to go to the bathroom. I also noticed if the weather is cold outside the pee more. the nicer the weather the more trained they are... so for 6 months she was trained then fell back then again 6 months trained then fell back with the bad weather... what am I suppose to do...

amother

Post Mon, Jan 02 2006, 9:53 pm
teach them kegels. It worked for me when I was a kid.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training