Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
HELP!! DH considering Aliyah to Haifa!
Previous  1  2

bubby

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 9:28 pm
Imaonwheels, thanks for the offer. If you can point us in a positive direction re contacts it will be a big help. we have already been warned there's age discimination shock in Israel & as DH is 56 we're a bit concerned. I'm still nervous about Haifa, but I'll call the Schildkrauts tomorrow. His sister is a friend of mine from CH! In fact, I'm going to call her now.

I'm going to have to start researching out there, but if DH can get a job in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem, I know I'd be much happier. I'm used to living in an all-frum place & though I know everywhere (except places like Mea Shearim & K'far Chabad) is mixed, I need to be in a decent-sized Shabbat-observant place. Yes, I expect to see a lot of Jews being Mechalel Shabbos Sad in anywhere more mixed, but still, I don't want to feel out of place by being the only Frum people. Also, I understand the majority of the Frum community is Vishnitz, which again, is not our derech.

Thanks for listening & for all your help!

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 11:20 pm
bubby you gotta be happy if you're gonna make such a big move ...

p.s. I like the new avatar Wink

bubby

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 11:36 pm
Greenie, I wondered where you've been!!

Imaonwheels

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 11:43 pm
Quote:
Also, I understand the majority of the Frum community is Vishnitz, which again, is not our derech.
As I said if you go into the Krayot the majority of the frum people are Lubavitch. And this is close to Haifa proper.l One stop, 5 min, on the train. Nowhere in Haifa is not mixed. The city is also mixed Jews and Arabs.

The software house we started is still being run by a Gerrer chasid. There is a chance that they may not discriminate on age. The owner himself is quite elderly. It is an all frum workplace in Y-m. If he hits the age wall he can start looking in the heimishe places.

There is no place to move to in Kfar Chabad. In Y-m you have a choice of 2 all Lubavitch areas and many all frum ones.

Tamiri

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 12:54 am
morahaviva wrote:
I would suggest Raanana or one of the yishuvim nearby - even petach tikva - before suggesting Haifa - its one of the least religious cities in Israel, as one of the left wingest... or however you would say that properly.
Its also not well known as an anglo city, as opposed to Raanana or Yerushalayim. I think even Petach tikva has more frum anglos than Haifa.
Good luck!

"Even" Petach Tikva? Where do you come from? Petach Tikva has 2 anglo Young Israel (sadly, one is losing membership), English speaking chapters of Emuna for all ages, English lessons for Dovrai Anglit... it's not an "even". It's a good option for an Anglo. Chabad - well, that's another story.

Tamiri

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 12:58 am
Bubby... he's looking for a job in Hi-Tech.... here? Why doesn't he work for the company he's currently employed at? The matzav is not good now, not at all. He can speak with my DH if he's interested to hear more. You have the email address.

mamacita

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 9:55 am
My dh worked in Tel Aviv for a bit in hi-tech and he commuted from Beitar. At first he took the bus, carpooled, or did a combo sometimes including the train. Then he got a company car and that cut his commute by a lot, B"H since they had him working long hours. There is def a lot more going on in the TA, PT, Ranaana, Haifa area than in Y-m.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions