Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
BALTIMORE

ny21

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 8:42 pm
ARE their any kosher restaurants by the water in baltimore>?
are their any take out places that deliver food ?

ny21

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 9:39 pm
thanks !

dimples

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 11:22 pm
there arent any that I know of by the seaport, if that is where you are referring to. there are kosher restaurants in the frum area (park heights) but im not sure if they will deliver. its not far of a drive to get there if you need food, from the seaport, but I doubt they would deliver

ny21

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 4:43 am
thank you

babygirl

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 5:01 am
I went there once for two days..was really nice..we got there late at night and the restaurants all close at ten so beware! (we were starving) I think we ate hot tamales and pretzels!

ss321

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 6:53 am
I spent abt a month there for school and this is going back about a year; there were no kosher restaurants near the water like by downtown baltimore (which is where I was driving to everyday from the frum area which is called greenspring I think). There are quite a few in the frum area, there is a very good chinese restaurant called david chew, they do deliver but IDK if they deliver to downtown. There are a few other resturaunts like a Kosher Delight type place (I forgot what it was called), a fancier place called Amandas, those were the good ones I remember and the ones that are most likely to deliver. There is also a take out store called the knish store or knish stop, they might deliver food to that area. Chabad at Johns Hopkins Medical Ctr provides food and meals for shabbos and during the week but IDK if they would stam provide food for a vacation, might be worth calling to find out. really though, its not a far drive at all from the water area to where the frum neighborhoods are (15 or 20 mins IIRC, but I wasnt driving during rush hour, the few xs I was cought in rush hour it was bad), so might be worth just driving there to buy what you want.
Sorry I cant be of more help didnt spend much time there, I know there are people on here who live in baltimore like Queen (I think?) and Hashem yaazor, Im sure many others...hopefully they can post more information.
There is also a big kosher supermarket (I mean big by out of town standards, it is your regular NY grocery) called Seven(th?) Mile Market they carry pretty much everything youd find in NY and also have take out although I never tried their take out just saw it in the store.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 11:31 am
star-k.org has a list of their certified establishments.
(It's David Chu by the way, and Seven Mile Market)

ss321, now I know why I was so confused. At one point I thought you were in Baltimore, but it seemed like you were from and in NY! Now it makes sense...

ny21

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 11:36 am
thanks for the answers

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 12:22 pm
Johns Hopkins has a Kosher place called Me Latte that has two branches. One of them is in the Nursing school, I'm not sure where the other one is. The food there is great, they have chicken wraps, salads, etc. It's Accents food at half the price.

AFAIK, as of last December, Chabad didn't provide meals at Johns Hopkins. I don't know what you're talking about.

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 1:11 pm
I'm pretty sure Me Latte closes early- like 5ish maybe. But yes that is one option downtown. ALso there's a new place called Scoops and Fruits. Not sure exactly what it is- icecream/smoothies... don't think it's a restaraunt.

ss321

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 8:16 pm
DefyGravity wrote:

AFAIK, as of last December, Chabad didn't provide meals at Johns Hopkins. I don't know what you're talking about.

sorry, I was at hopkins over a year ago now, and it was just something I had heard from a few people before I was there. I didnt mean to provide inaccurate info.
hope my restaurant info was helpful though...

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Dec 05 2008, 11:01 am
Maybe the Chabad on campus provides food, I'm sure they have meals on Shabbos for students and stuff. However, at the hospital, there's nothing. However, I heard they recently got an eruv at the hospital. Too bad they didn't have it last year!

SomebodyElse

Post Sat, Dec 06 2008, 8:10 pm
Subway is supposed to be starting delivery this week; they say to anywhere, with a $20 min. order. 410-653-KSUB. www.koshersubs.com

willow

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 5:52 am
That is so cool a Kosher Subway

ny21

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 4:01 pm
the knish shop . has take out foods
thanks for all the answers .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics