Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
My face is blotchy

willow

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 5:39 am
I have a wedding in one week. I need to clear up my face. I posted this before about the weather change and the peeling dry bumps around my T zone. Well someone told me to put on this fatty stuff (in Hebrew so I have no idea what it really is) It is made out of all natural things but doesn't seem to do much. What can I do?
I will be in the states in a week so I plan to stock up on more make-up and def need a change in face wash. I usually go to the clinque counter but if anyone has any suggestions (not too pricey -please) of someone else who does very very good work and is good with sensitive skin can you let me know? Thank you

SECRET

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 5:47 am
hey I have the same thing so can tell you exactly what to do. basically the skin is more prone to dry, peeling t-zone in winter because of the central heating drying out the skin. you need to buy an exfoliator for the face (the body shop does a good one called seaweed face exfoliator) and apply it 2-3 times a week to t-zone, in the shower. give it a good scrub and then very important to MOISTURIZE with a good moisturizer straight after the shower. dont forget to moisturize every night before bed and every morning esp before applying makeup. should see a difference very soon.
when skin has improved, dont exfoliate so often, I'd say once a wk is plenty or will dry the skin out too much

willow

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 5:57 am
I don't have central heating and thank G-d it has not been cold enough to use the radiators or steam. So no drying out the skin from there. I do exfoliate 3x (should only do it twice but it feels so good on the itchiness and its spreads on hot:) weekly with estee lauder micobeads stuff. I try to moisturize but maybe its not good? I use olay for sensitive skin, and now this fatty ointment

SECRET

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 6:01 am
if the peeling is really bad - red and angry looking and flaky, could be a bit of excema? go to dr you might need a b it of hydrocortisone cream applied to the area.

newatit

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 9:32 pm
clinque makes this awesome makeup remover called "take the day off balm". I would recomend using that as a makeup remover but also as a face mask. I find that if you put it on and take a nice warm bath with it on for a couple of minutes and then wipe off when you get out, your face shold be smoooooth! good luck! theres always vaseline!

willow

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 12:14 pm
B'h I am using two samples one called Heimlich something (I forget) I got it from the health food store. And this natural stuff from my eyebrow waxer. I am so relieved. Now my problem is which one really works since I am using them combined. LOL I don't want to buy both.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics