Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Playroup teacher tip

amother

Post Fri, Dec 05 2008, 10:48 am
what's a nice tip considered for playgroup teacher. keep in mind there are 2 teachers. It's my first time sending to playgroup / school and would like to know what's the going $ for tip.

amother

Post Fri, Dec 05 2008, 12:45 pm
Also how much is appropriate to give for a teacher that is not employed. The one who actually owns the playgroup

yersp

Post Fri, Dec 05 2008, 2:12 pm
When I sent my kids to playgroup I tipped both teachers depending on how happy my kids were and how happy I was with the playgroup. I was told that if you tip chanuka you dont have to purim and vice versa. So I gave chanuka to each teacher about $20-$25 and I gave nothing to the person who owns the playgroup. Purim I gave everyone mishloach manos and at the end of the year I gave them each a nicely written card conveying my sincerest thanks and a small gift.
My friend who's a teacher herself told me that sometimes just giving a nicely written card is more appreciated than the tips itself. It shows appreciation for the hard work.

#1mama

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 5:38 pm
what was your gift at the end of the year-just curious-will need to know that too!

Last edited by #1mama on Mon, Mar 16 2009, 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

yersp

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 8:58 pm
at the end of the year I didnt have extra $$ to give to two teachers so I wrote them each a card. DS was going to start cheder in the summer and I wanted to let them know that without their help in teaching ds especially helping me with toilet training he wouldnt be ready for cheder. I asked my friend who's a teacher on advice what to write and she said just write from your heart. It's more often than not more appreciated than a tip or a gift.

mama-star

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 3:16 pm
I try to tip as much as possible to teachers...they are taking care of my kids, after all! (maybe the $$ will be incentive for them to keep up the good work!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics