Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Hate checking mail

Seraph

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 8:00 am
I hate checking mail. its never a positive experience. its only more and more and more bills that I have to, but dont want to pay. never anything like a letter from someone, a gift, etc... just more and more bills.
anyone else feel the way I do?

supermama2

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 8:05 am
Hmm maybe write letters or send cards to a few pple. and they will likely return the favor giving you something good in the mail Smile

yo'ma

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 11:02 am
Don't check it and don't pay and then wait for them to call you for payment and then you'll start hating answering the phone LOL .

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 11:24 am
send them to your spam!

amother

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 4:07 pm
Seraph, I feel exactly the same. It's bills bills and more junk mails. But we neglected opening mails for several weeks only to find that it was a phone bill and we had to pay a late fee because we didn't bother opening the original bill. Also DH neglected opening a letter from tax office, nothing serious they just wanted him to report some missed information from the previous year, but he had only one week to scramble through files and find the docs before the deadline. The morale of the story is: not opening the mail doesn't mean you don't have to pay the bills.

Tamiri

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 4:13 pm
I love getting mail and dealing with it because I am backside.

avigailmiriam

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 5:42 pm
Tamiri wrote:
I love getting mail and dealing with it because I am backside.

Ditto. DH happily allocates all financial and paperwork stuff to me because I get a sick delight out of dealing with it.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 6:32 pm
you could have your bills sent to you via email, then you'd hate that instead.

octopus

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 6:43 pm
That's why it is so exciting getting an invitation or a thank you card!

Raisin

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 7:34 pm
since email, mail has ceased to be interesting. bar my annual bday card from my mother, and packages from amazon or the like, its pretty much bills, bank statements, and thats about it.

try and have your bills on direct debit.

amother

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 11:35 pm
sounds too familiar. I started checking my mail twice a week because of it-oh, and also because Im too lazy to go to the mailbox

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 12:19 am
That's one of dh's favorite part of the day. He always thinks there will be a check waiting for him! LOL And the kids love dumping the junk mail in the garbage. He gives it to them piece by piece, it keeps them busy for a while.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 12:20 am
Two weeks in the month is bill time-one after the other. When I get a toy catalong I am excited it's that, I also get a lot of magazines so that makes it fun too.

bnm

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 1:28 am
That's why I keep requesting catalogs and online freebies-I didn't like getting only bills. If you pm me your address I can send you a postcard! Do Isreally websites have any freebie offers? (I got a free Mr. Clean eraser, formula samples, coffee samples etc)

grin

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 1:43 am
bnm wrote:
Do Israeli websites have any freebie offers? (I got a free Mr. Clean eraser, formula samples, coffee samples etc)
surely you jest!

Tamiri

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 2:08 am
Grin, let's go into business giving out freebies here in Israel!
In our Yishuv, there are people who pick up the mail (we have a central mailbox area) literally once every 2 weeks, if that. There really isn't anything interesting in the mail. No catalogues, no freebees, no coupon packets. We get requests for tzedaka, the occasional invitation (if it was not hand delivered to the door or via mutual acquaintances), bills, a couple of U.S. magazines once/month and some statements every so often. Boring.

shoppingmom

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 2:13 am
bnm wrote:
That's why I keep requesting catalogs and online freebies-I didn't like getting only bills. If you pm me your address I can send you a postcard! Do Isreally websites have any freebie offers? (I got a free Mr. Clean eraser, formula samples, coffee samples etc)

Where could I sign up for freebies??

I hate to check my mail, check it only when I feel it's "Bill Time"! But after I pay my bills I really feel great! LOL

bnm

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 5:42 am
start with what walmart and costco offer. I'm signed up to a few blogs that search for legitimate freebies and alert you to them.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 6:05 am
I'm with you, Seraph.

Noone's sending me money in the mail. Sad

Tamiri

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 6:18 am
CM, Publisher's Clearing House - the Israel version? You can make millions just by opening your mail!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics