Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Phialdelphia

ny21

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 5:08 pm
Do you know of any take out places that delver to downtown Philly?
do you know of any kosher restaurants that are open ?

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 5:40 pm
I'm pretty sure philadelphia has kosher cream cheese ... byob Mr. Green

ny21

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 6:31 pm
lol ! thanks

nicole81

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 8:23 pm
hamifgash, on sansom and 8th. I just ate there yesterday. they're fleishigs, a typica shwarma, kebab, and falafel place. the food was really good!

edit: actually, I don't know if they deliver, but you can certainly do takeout. give them a call.

edit #2: you may not rely on the hecksher they use, so check with your rav before eating there.

Last edited by nicole81 on Mon, Dec 08 2008, 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

bandcm

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 8:50 pm
There is a place called Maxime, it was open four years ago when we were there, but I don't know about now.

chavamom

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 10:40 pm
Try looking here. Unfortunately it doesn't tell you who is certifying what, so you would have to make some calls.

chavamom

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 10:45 pm
OK, better list here. I've been wanting to try Mama's Vegetarian Restaurant next time we visit the IL's

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 6:22 am
ooh..Mama's is delicious...

ny21

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 7:05 pm
thank you -

ChaviD

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 4:08 pm
Mama's is really good! Also Shalom Pizza on the mainline will sometimes deliver to the city.

Shalom Pizza
7598 Haverford Ave # A
Philadelphia, PA 19151
(215) 878-1500

Also, I know that Cafe Shira (also on the mainline) does some catering for some downtown office buildings. They may deliver to the city if they already have an order to send out.

134 Bala Ave, Bala Cynwyd 19004
At Cynwyd Rd
610-664-5570

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 5:53 pm
That café near the shul and butcher shop is awful expensive, be aware. We walked away with a $100 bill. Hey, maybe you guys like dairy… not me.

hinda

Post Sat, Dec 13 2008, 11:24 pm
Anyone know what there is to do in the area around Bryn Mawr hospital? I have to be in that are for two weeks.Is there public transportation in the neighborhood? shopping?kosher food? decent places for manicure/ped? what about mikvah?
Please-any info much appreciated
Thanks

chavamom

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 12:18 am
It's right near the Main Line train station which will take you to the city or up and down the mainline. You'll be about 5 miles from the nearest frum commuities (Lower Merion and Rabbi Caplan's shul in Wynnewood). The mikva is in the basement of Torah Academy in Wynnewood. (I went to Bryn Mawr college, so I'm pretty familiar with the area LOL My SIL is a radiologist at the hospital too).

hinda

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 12:20 pm
Thnaks for your info.I pmed you
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics