Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Food In Hair

BlumaG

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 2:19 pm
My 2 yr old recently started putting her cereal bowl on her head when she is done,
its not an e/ day occurance, I was washing all the other breakfast idshes this morning and wasn't watching her properly even though she was right next to me, she finished her cereal turned over her bowl and put it on her head, this is the 3rd time this wk, her hair looked gross, I said thats it no bath but then there was shredded wheat in her hair so I gave her a fast bath,
I am wondering if shes doing it bc she knows I'll give her a bath,
at lunch she was starting to wipe her dirty hands in her hair right after she finished her sandwich I caught her in time, no more baths today,
yesterday my mother in laws daughter who is nearly 3 did the same thing and told me she needed to go in the bath so she had an ulterior motive but does a just 2 yr old think that way too?
wat wud u do? just giveh er plain cereal for a day? oatmeal wud b worse...

elisecohen

Post Fri, Jan 06 2006, 7:23 am
2 thoughts--first, yes this could be deliberate thinking, knowing that a bath will follow; my daughter was only 1 when she figured out that if she pulled someone's hair, I would immediately take her home from a playdate so guess what she did whenever she decided she was done playing with someone?

And 2nd, a suggestion someone made to me a few months ago when my baby was putting food in his hair at every feeding: put a pilot cap on baby and then just wash the hat in the laundry! It sounded ridiculous at first, but less so when I thought about it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics