Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Menora competition

Raisin

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 10:41 am
my son wants to make a menora for a make your own menora competion. ANy ideas? last year he made one from lego. Something that he can do on his own - he is 6 turning 7, but fairly creative.

mali

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 10:55 am
we're making one from clics this year. we have it figured out already, but it's so big that it's too unstable. I'm trying to figure out what to do about that.

when he was in second grade, we made a clay menorah with a dreidel theme. that year, my nephew made a very cute and easy one. he took 8 toy cars of the same height, and a toy truck. then, on a long piece of styrofoam he pasted black contact paper and white stripes for a road, placed the cars on that in a straight row, and attached a candle to each car. I forgot what he wrote on it, but something to the effect of שיירה של אור - parade of light. they were both winners of the contest. I should have some pictures, if you're interested.

GAMZu

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 11:20 am
I love the car idea!

My son made one in cheider last year- it was a truck made of wooden pieces painted and glued together. I'll post the pic if you're interested.

YALT

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 11:49 am
mali,
that toy car menorah sounds soooo cute!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics