Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Items you absolutely wont waste
Previous  1  2  3

grin

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 12:55 am
Clarissa wrote:
miriam wrote:
One of the foods is ketchup. We keep that bottle til the last drop.
I used to joke with my husband that I'm so cheap I want to boil the ketchup bottle to get that last bit of residue.

I'm so cheap, I make my own mayo and tomato sauce, instead of buying ketchup; it's healthier than store-bought, too!

sympa

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 3:16 am

Last edited by sympa on Wed, Mar 13 2019, 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Martini

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 12:13 am
Thanks for the Recipe ChSh, but its way to fattening... Oh no! it’s Monday night and my Challah is still sitting…

grin

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 12:50 am
let it dry out (don't keep it in a closed bag where it may mold) and make breadcrumbs. If you don't feel like shake-and-bake, you can try breadcrumb cake.

Martini

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 1:10 am
ok, I think I have no choice but to throw it out! I put it in a bag Motza Shabbos, should have just put it in freezer....

GAMZu

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 11:11 am
Give it to the birds! Very Happy

tovarena

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 11:35 am
Makeup (well, everything other than mascara anyway). I use my eyeliner pencils till they've all but disappeared and don't fit in the sharpener anymore. And there was one time that I had a blush compact in my travel bag. The blush broke up into a million little pieces and I continued to use that until there was not even any dust left. I think I have a phobia of makeup shopping.

Fabulous

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 11:38 am
tovarena wrote:
Makeup (well, everything other than mascara anyway). I use my eyeliner pencils till they've all but disappeared and don't fit in the sharpener anymore. And there was one time that I had a blush compact in my travel bag. The blush broke up into a million little pieces and I continued to use that until there was not even any dust left. I think I have a phobia of makeup shopping.

Me too! Eye shadow untill there is nothing left. The same thing happened with my bronzer as happened with your blush. I don't think it's a phobia of shopping but rather a phobia of spending $$

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 12:08 pm
Toilet paper Smile

chaylizi

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 12:12 pm
Fabulous wrote:
tovarena wrote:

Me too! Eye shadow untill there is nothing left. The same thing happened with my bronzer as happened with your blush. I don't think it's a phobia of shopping but rather a phobia of spending $$

I have to regularly change my eye makeup. I get eye infections a lot. my eyes are so sensitive. if I reuse my makeup after that, I get reinfected. sometimes I wonder if I'm just allergic to the makeup.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 12:16 pm
Another thing you can do is use makeup like professionals do. They always use a new applicator, like a new q-tip each time to tip it. Or, the scrape some off and use that so as not to reinfect. But that is annoying.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics