Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
A Cost Cutting Website

shira

Post Mon, Jan 02 2006, 5:41 pm
Unfortunately this is not a site that can benefit us since we dont live in the US/Canada but maybe some of you can benefit from it............Let me know if it helps you save!

http://www.wrldofproducts.com/

willow

Post Tue, Jan 03 2006, 7:35 am
Shira here in Israel where would you say is the cheapest place for household items, grocerys, produce, meat...

1stimer

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 4:15 pm
willow are you in jerusalem? If yes, zol po is quite cheap for grocery. if your husband is in the mir than you can get meat through the mir - massive savings!

stem

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 4:19 pm
Is it just me? I think the link is broken...

shira

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 5:19 pm
Stem, I tried the link and it worked.

Willow, I dont know where you live but in addition to Zol Po, there is Shaarei Ezra and Kol Zol in the Sanhedria area and Rami Levi in Talpiot is supposed to be very cheap.

Hey 1st timer, now that we left har nof, I REALLY miss Cheaperkol.........not too cheap but they've really got everything there (Including Jolly Jo's where are no where to be found out here in yehupitzville..........I'm experiencing Jolly Jo withdrawal!)

willow

Post Sat, Jan 07 2006, 12:39 pm
1stimer and shira thank you. I have been to all those places I guess I was hoping you would tell me you know a store for food and groceries that only costs like a dollar:D

1stimer

Post Sat, Jan 07 2006, 12:55 pm
shira, yes, cheaperkol does spoil us!

willow, it's also a question of WHAT you buy Smile

willow

Post Sat, Jan 07 2006, 2:14 pm
We really don't use anything fancy. I could probably benefit from using coupons but since their all in hebrew ( and the fact the my landlady keeps them) I don't use them. We just buy basic food items like whole wheat flour, olive oil ( I know that their are cheaper oils but we try to stay at the healthy spectrum of things) brown rice/pasta, spices, chicken, turkey, yogurts and simple cheeses, as well as household items like toilet paper and tissues, napkins. We spend a lot on produce. Anyways thank you for your store suggestions. Very Happy

1stimer

Post Sat, Jan 07 2006, 2:28 pm
I think the shuk is good for produce.

1stimer

Post Sat, Jan 07 2006, 2:34 pm
willow, I hope this won't get taken the wrong way...

the healthier varieties are a LOT more expensive than regular food. (I personally try to buy healthier without compromising our budget, so I use canola oil instead of olive (I hardly use oil anyway))

Plus I find that using ground chicken, turkey is MUCH cheaper than whole chicken/turkey.

We personally don't buy yoghurts because it comes to so much $$$ it's cheaper to snack on fruit. Also buying produce that is in season is cheaper. But yes, it all adds up.

I'm not trying to but in, just giving you suggestions that work for me.

willow

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 5:48 am
Your sweet to be concerned but you are not butting in. I love getting tips from other smarter and more experienced women like yourself Very Happy But the thing is that I can't find canola oil that is not refined in a regular store here. As for yogurts, I eat one non sweetened a day for the dairy and protein. And we do snack on fruit a lot. We do eat a lot of fish (I know its an expense but I really do want us to be healthy) and ground chicken/turkey. Oh well
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics