Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Moisturizer plus for aging faces

amother

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 8:17 pm
I was at a meeting the other night and the presenter was a woman from Israel who was recommending all types of Israely (pricey) products. She took a look at my face and said I needed some work on my eyes and told me to buy this expensive eye cream. The two bottles would have cost $150. I said No Way. I am just looking to do something. I am over 50 and really don't take care of my face. I have recently lost some weight and I need to look less haggard and add some life to my face.

Recommendations, anyone?

Anon cuz I don't want everyone knowing my age.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 11:01 am
That kind of stuff IS expensive. Dod you look in the drugstore for comparable products, maybe on sale ?

pomegranate

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 2:40 pm
I know that burt's bees has anti- aging creams and lotions for twenty five bucks they claim it works well for fine lines and wrinkles.
jurlique also sells great anti-aging products that are not that expensive.
what I like about these companies' products is that they are made of natural ingredients.

Tapuzi

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 4:17 pm
I have read a million articles saying the ROC products and Olay Regenerist (and all Olay products) are just as good as the most expensive creams. They are sold in drugstores. Also, Dr. Patricia Wexler makes a line for Bath and Body Works that I love. Their 3 in 1 eye cream is great and not so expensive.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 9:28 pm
That's the dilemna I always have. What are you really paying for? Do you get more the more you pay in creams? What ingredient really works in anti wrinkle creams? I just need a bit of pick me up, but I think part of it is I need a new spiffy sheitel too, that might help. I heard Beauticontrol has a new cream out that is patented and great. Anyone ever use this?

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 9:33 pm
I saw a great presentation by some make-up experts, who actually recommended, for healthier skin at whatever age to a)eat healthfully b)drink enough water and c)use a moisturizer--then didn't even market their products---they didn't seem to push anything but the idea of non comedogenic types.

Also, I have a friend from college who says her mother and grandmother "swear" by using a regular (olay or drug store available) face moisturizer (esp with a little sunscreen) everyday to keep their beautiful skin so youthful looking... It's worked for them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics