Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How to prevent burn marks on candle glasses?

Zus

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 5:41 am
How can I prevent my candle glasses from getting black? I use those small floating wicks, and I always put some water in with the oil.

zaq

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 5:50 am
wipe some liquid dishwashing detergent on the inside of the glass and let dry before adding the oil.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 5:51 am
just wash them after each use. that should get the darkness off of the glass before it turns black.

Zus

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 5:53 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
just wash them after each use. that should get the darkness off of the glass before it turns black.

no it happens while it's still burning or as the flame is going out.

shiam

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 6:19 am
Zus wrote:
How can I prevent my candle glasses from getting black? I use those small floating wicks, and I always put some water in with the oil.

I don't know if its preventable with floating wicks, you could use "tzinorot" these pipe-like wick holders. They work great. After Chanukah you put the stained glasses in a sealed bag with ammonia for about 24 hrs. then everything cleans off nicely.

Zus

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 6:21 am
shiam wrote:
Zus wrote:

I don't know if its preventable with floating wicks, you could use "tzinorot" these pipe-like wick holders. They work great. After Chanukah you put the stained glasses in a sealed bag with ammonia for about 24 hrs. then everything cleans off nicely.

I used those at first, but I found them too fast burning. Any ideas how to prevent that?

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 6:34 am
Zus wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:

no it happens while it's still burning or as the flame is going out.
I just meant that after each use, wash it clean for the next time. I use candles and the same thing happens so I wash them after each use.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics