Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Best way to take off eye make up
1  2  Next

amother

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 2:11 am
I have been using baby wipes to take off eye make up and I'm scared it's giving me wrinkles. What is the best method to use?

Mrs.K

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 2:47 am
regular oil on a q-tip!

morkush

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 4:21 am
I use baby oil on cotton wool or a q-tip. Works wonders and leaves my skin beautifuly hydrated!

Beauticianista

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 7:18 am
you can buy eye make up remover in either pads or liquid

canadamom

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 7:24 am
I always use baby wipes! they are convenient, cheap and they really work why do you think they are giving you wrinkles?

wanderer

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 8:21 am
Lancome Bifacial eye makeup remover. Works better than any brand I've ever tried, it removes even layers of waterproof eye makeup fast and gently.

faigie

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 1:55 pm
the baby wipe wont give u wrinkles,,,,,,,,,,,, sun exposure can..........life can..........and u may need a decent moisturizer

Fabulous

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 1:56 pm
colorful! wrote:
Lancome Bifacial eye makeup remover. Works better than any brand I've ever tried, it removes even layers of waterproof eye makeup fast and gently.

Where can you get this in Brooklyn?

dimples

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 1:57 pm
colorful! wrote:

yup. its definately the best! just swipe and its gone! I know that Lanes pharmacy on 13th ave. sells it.

Fabulous

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 1:59 pm
dimples wrote:
colorful! wrote:

yup. its definately the best! just swipe and its gone! I know that Lanes pharmacy on 13th ave. sells it.

Thanks. Next time I'm on the avenue, I'll have to pick it up.

wanderer

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 4:57 pm
Fabulous wrote:
dimples wrote:
colorful! wrote:

Thanks. Next time I'm on the avenue, I'll have to pick it up.

Any department store will carry it. Also, you can find it online (ebay, amazon) for a lot cheaper than the stores.

girliemom

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 10:49 am
op - if your pulling at your skin when doing it with the baby wipes it might give you wrinkles. try patting around the eyes rather than pulling. Also mary kay oil free eye makeup remover is oil free, great for sensitive eyes & removes eye makeup in seconds!

sympa

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 5:08 am
Actually, the best eye-makeup remover is... vaseline! I know, it sounds so gross and gooey, like it can't be good for your complexion (and I wouldn't use it on any facial parts other than eyes and lips for that reason), but it takes off anything, even with just a little dab with a cotton pad or q-tip.

newatit

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 9:33 am
clinque has a good one, I forget that name but its in a purple bottle. neutrogena also makes a good one, which is also in a purple bottle!

jeliela

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 10:35 am
Wetwipes shouldn't give you wrinkles as long as you use a better quality type with some aloe or vitamin E. Oil on a cotton ball is good also. You can use baby oil or even better olive oil. Whatever you decide to use, always remember swipe away from the eye and GENTLY! The skin around the eye area is the thinnest of all the body. And every night start using a light facial moisterizer with SPF in it even if you are just going to sleep. And reapply after you wash your face in the morning. You will start to see a difference. You will probably have to buy an eye cream for the eye area. But I use Neutrogena anti-wrinkle intensive with SPF 20 moisturizing treatment all over my face, neck, and eyes- and its great. The tube doesn't state that it is solely a facial moisturizer, it just says moisturizing treatment. Like I said it works great, is easy to find and not expensive. For a 1.4 oz/40 g tube it is only about $20. You can find it at any duane reade or Riteaid. I actually bought mine at shoprite. Hope it helps! Oh and P.S. Wear sunglasses, doesn't matter the season winter or summer-the sun will do damage!

amother

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 12:27 pm
Is away from the eye towards ear?

First Lady

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 1:33 pm
Ooh! Thanks for the tips. The most time spent at the mikvah for,is removing eye-makeup. I will try these tips next time.

jeliela

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 12:19 am
yes away from the eye, towards the ear. If you are at the mikvah, I dont recommend removing with oil since it leaves a slight film on your skin that might be considered a barrier.

soulful music

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 5:49 am
newatit wrote:
clinque has a good one, I forget that name but its in a purple bottle. neutrogena also makes a good one, which is also in a purple bottle!

I think it's called Take the day off.

jeliela

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 10:59 pm
One more thing, try not to wax your eyebrows. Pluck them or thread them, waxing tends to stetch out the skin above the eye over time. For those of you who dont know what threading is, it is a method of removing hair with a wound string/thread. Most sephardic ladies know how to do this or will know someone who does it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics