Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Clothes, how much do your children have?
Previous  1  2

zigi

Post Thu, Nov 24 2005, 12:25 am
LOL what about ironing? its still sitting in bags oh well at least now its sweater weather! no one has to know that there is a wrinkled shirt underneath. I wonder who made up the fact that men has to wear button down shirts.....

tzivi

Post Thu, Nov 24 2005, 12:29 am
Boruch Hashem, I actually like ironing. I actually find it somewhat therapeutic ~ oh, and I have plenty of it, k"ah with my boys!
That is, when I can tear myself away from my computer! Very Happy

zigi

Post Thu, Nov 24 2005, 12:37 am
LOL thats also my problem! I could be doing it right now they are sitting right next to me! maybe later Twisted Evil my mil taught my dh how to iron his uniform shirts and now he says he enjoys ironing I think I will have to remind him of that fact now that he has a day off Twisted Evil heh heh heh

tzivi

Post Thu, Nov 24 2005, 12:46 am
LOL zigi! Very Happy That's a good idea... he can iron and you can stay on the computer!

Btw, I am curious, which uniform shirt did you mean?

zigi

Post Thu, Nov 24 2005, 12:56 am
for school I guess a button down shirt I think he started at 7 or 8

tzivi

Post Thu, Nov 24 2005, 1:05 am
He was ironing at age 7 or 8??!?!?! Surprised

zigi

Post Thu, Nov 24 2005, 1:12 am
yup! I asked him a few times to make sure but I think thats when he started.

tzivi

Post Thu, Nov 24 2005, 1:16 am
WOW!!!

Surprised Maybe I should start training my sons... Scratching Head

happyone

Post Thu, Nov 24 2005, 7:56 am
my kids must be very deprived Wink
thank gd they have uniforms. they have two weekday outfits, one shabbos, one robe, and two uniforms.
they do generate plenty of laundry, we do laundry approx 3 times a week.

I can't imagine storing more clothes, or having more laundry.

guess it's a world of different colors! Smile

Tefila

Post Thu, Nov 24 2005, 9:55 am
tzivi nice avatar Smile though you realize you may have a dilemma going into taharas hamishpocho threads and health and hygiene with u'r username coz of the avatar, since I was going to do similar awhile ago, till this thought occured to me Confused

miriam

Post Thu, Nov 24 2005, 11:32 am
I also don't know how many outfits my children have but I do laundry for everyone about every week to 9 days. I know this because I had enough clothing during the nine days to not have to do laundry. But on the day after Tisha B'av, the kids were in pj's until the dryer finished.

He*Sings*To*Me

Post Sun, Dec 25 2005, 3:46 am
We have too, Too, TOO many clothes here...
(dh would plotz if he knew I'd actually admitted that!)
Once I learned how to buy on eBay, and could sit by the computer at night with a cup of hot chamomile tea, when the whole world around me peacefully slumbered, I started wardrobing my children in matching Gymboree outfits...I am so addicted to vintage Gymboree lines that my husband seriously told me if I did not stop, he'd close our joint bank account so I could no longer Paypal, thus couldn't pay my Sellers.
The 16 outfits someone mentioned earlier seems like alot...I am embarrassed to say it, but I am probably in a close second-place. embarrassed

zigi

Post Tue, Jan 03 2006, 2:49 pm
thank g-d my paypall account doesn't work because I would also be on ebay!

shayna82

Post Tue, Jan 03 2006, 3:38 pm
yes, ebay is the most addicting thing in the world. I also used to do that alot, now I stopped, and only buy when my son has visually outgrown his pants and shirts. other than that, I really control myself. now, for me thats a different story Very Happy

mother of 2 princess's

Post Tue, Jan 03 2006, 4:44 pm
gosh I do about 1 - 2 washes a day and theres only 4 of us and my basket is rarley empty. and when it is empty its not for very long.

iv found my 7 year old still fits into alot of her clothes from when she was 5. but iv noticed now the skirts are starting to get shorter now so iv had to buy some.

the truth is she only needs something for shabbos and sometihng for sunday. the only thing is school hols.

my younger one wears alot of hand me downs from my older daughter but there such a different shape not everything looks good.

I have no idea how many outfits I have but I found with my 2 year old 1 set of clothes for the winter is not enough. shes already grown out her first set. now I need to get out the next age!!!

Tila

Post Mon, Jan 09 2006, 2:39 pm
I do two loads a day! We all have over ten pairs of undies and sox. The thought of where those tussies sat at school makes me ill so I wash daily!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics